Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Can't find the WK2 Trinity Update File?

16K views 91 replies 12 participants last post by  A.V.GCSRT8 
#1 ·
Trying to update my Trinity and can't seem to get the Jeep to show up under the 2012's?

I've applied update "trinity-1r09.crom" with no luck and then tried "trinity_dcx_gas-1r09d_update.crom"

I saw the "1r09c" was the file that seemed to have the support for the 2012 Jeep SRT8s following the other threads, but I don't see that listed for download anywhere?

What am I doing wrong here?

#38 ·
Well, just flashed my Jeep back to stock. It was fun for a couple days :D looking forward to tuning advancements and CMR tunes.

#40 ·
I store it at my parents house when I am out of town and my mom drives it around from time to time. I just prefer leaving the stock tune in for now when I leave it with them. I just don't want an issue to arise. Just playing it safe.

#51 ·
My trinity comes in this afternoon:) Can't wait to load it in - first official mod on the vehicle.

Has anyone installed a 180 T-stat and does the Trinity allow you to adjust for this? Just wondering if anyone has tested and noticed improvements.

Next mods will be Catch Can (I know haven't installed one yet), 180 Tstat (only if shown improvements), and proper MOPAR or Arrington CAI once it comes out... Going to leave my exhaust alone until more options have been perfected...

#53 ·
0 STKN and LTKN is ideal. It means the knock sensors are not picking up anything and no timing is being pulled. What tune are you running? What fuel are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#54 ·
im running the 93 tune with 93 octane gas from a exxon. Also when i try to go in and disable the MDS it comes back with a code saying the tune could not be uploaded, however when i go back into the modify tune area MDS is disabled. Anybody else notice this. Im new to this so im not sure if im doing something wrong

#55 ·
I tried to disable the MDS once, tune failed I load. I left it alone and didn't try again.

Well, sounds like the 93 tune is running good on your Jeep. Does it feel like its improved performance? Any numbers to compare performance? Do you have any performance mods?

#57 ·
Okay, finally got the Trinity in yesterday and loaded up the 93 tune option last night. First initial impressions are good. I'm downstate in NY on long island so I really tested it out in traffic this morning getting in and around people. The car feels like it's running smoother, not idling as rough, the shifts feel alot quicker at the higher RPM levels as does the car also feels like it's pulling harder at the higher RPM levels. I don't feel the lag I was feeling between 1st and 2nd shifts. The throttle response does feel more responsive as well. I haven't adjusted any of the other parameters since I'm kind of new at this. I'll go out this weekend to actually test some 0-60 numbers, etc just for comparison (my usual 0-60 numbers are between 4.7 and 4.9 seconds - hopefully I can get this down a little bit).

A curious question about the Trinity is what gauges do you guys usually monitor while driving. I was staring at the spark/retard gauge this morning and did notice on the top right, that under full throttle it would retard spark between .5 and 1 at higher RPM levels - the bottom retard guage always stayed at zero. Is that supposed to be correct or within the tolerance zone?

#64 ·
I was seeing around 4 degrees of STKN and 0 LTKN. I ran 5 gallons of race gas mixed in with my 91 gas. I had about 94-95 oct on the tank running the 91 tune. It helped bring my STKN down a couple degrees. So it's possible it was a fuel issue. I am going to try other top tier fuel next time around. I also richened my tune a little bit and that helped the STKN. I still see a couple degrees here and there max. My Jeep is back to stock, but before I really start to tweak the tune I'm waiting to get a wide band installed and then CMR tune with Johan.

Yes, 8 degrees STKN is high. Have you tried logging the stock tune and see how it acts? Maybe the tune is acting the same as the stock tune? Maybe try some new fuel?

Ask some of the tuning gurus some questions. Maybe ask the guys at Diablo some questions.

#66 ·
Still unsure at the moment. Been looking at AEM products and leaning towards them. Also been looking at Innovate products.

#67 ·
Quick update on mine. Driving home tonight, I watched the short term knock gauge. On wide open throttles I would see between 2 and 3 degrees pulled. I think the highest it ever got was 4.

Mongoose when you say richen the tune. What does that mean?

I may flash it back to stock tomorrow just to see if the normal tune does the same thing.

#68 ·
Well on mine I went into the adjust tune menu and adjusted the fuel. It lists 3 rpm ranges to adjust. The lowest rpm range I added (rich/left arrow) 3%, middle range I did 4%, and upper range I did 5%. I believe I was running to lean (not enough fuel for the air mix) and needed more fuel. I have a bwoody intake and custom catback, so my Jeep is flowing air differently than the stock Jeep the tune was designed on. The added fuel in my case seemed to help reduce short term knock at WOT. Adding a little extra fuel shouldn’t hurt anything, it’s when you don’t have enough fuel and things get damaged.

#70 ·
Yes. You should log the A/F ratio when tuning. That's where the wide band comes into play. You are looking to hit an ideal stoichiometric ratio of air/fuel for maximum power. Without a wide band you can't monitor what is going on with A/F in the engine. A wide band is a must for proper tuning.

Basic email tunes can be done without a wide band, but they won't be dialed in near as well. The factory narrow band calculates what A/F should be. Once you change the intake, exhaust, etc, then the narrow band is inaccurate.

#72 ·
Johan can still make you a good tune without a wide band for simple bolt ons, like CAI and exhaust. But it's recommended to have the wide band to really know what's going on and dial the tune in.

I haven't done anything with a wide band yet. The install seems pretty straight forward. Weld the bung in the drivers side midpipe. Wire it all up and interface it with the trinity. I figure I'll plan on just having a shop hook it all up for me.

#73 ·
Hey guys. Just wondering if there is a new updated version out for our vehicles since the last one posted on this link? I'm having a hard time checking for updates as my only computer right now is my work laptop and the firewall for some reason won't register my Trinity with the Diablo site.

#79 ·
Updated again on the 6th. Mine is not fixed yet. And no it does not load tunes.

#80 ·
I thought Mike says it loads tunes, but just doesn't show it as a loaded tune?

#81 ·
When I checked. It says last tune loaded OEM. Now it won't even let me get to the screen to attempt change a tune. Was told they will E-mail me when there is a fix. So I have some real pretty boxes with not so cheap headers sitting in the garage and a GCSRT8 sitting in the driveway soakin up the sun because I don't trust it to drive it.

#82 ·
But it will fire up and will drive? Have you even tried driving it after loading a tune? What don't you trust about it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.