Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Kill of the day Alberta thread

24K views 169 replies 20 participants last post by  roadboy 
#1 ·
Thought it was a cool thread and SPRING is coming so thought id start one up for us locals to share our war stories on haha, hope it gains traction!!!

#144 ·
My best trap speed is 115. I think I'm getting some belt slip as well. When the SHR goes in, maybe a pulley and a new belt. I should be in good shape. Doing a one week roadtrip through the states at the end of the month and then it's get the jeep drag strip ready to knock out some 11's. I love how you pulled on that guy. I want to see Jay run his new to him Z06. Curious what that will run

#145 ·
That's right 115! I completely forgot about that! You must be getting some belt slip. I've only ever hit 115 once, usually I'm barely 114.
C6 ZO6's run high 11's on paper so prob low 12's here w traction.
Crazy thing is I've seen more than one of them run low 13s with a big mile-per-hour like 118 or so because they were so hard to hook up. I remember one incident really well where a new owner of one back in 06 or 07 that almost hit the middle wall and ruined his brand new one because he couldn't hook. I think in that guys case he just needed driver mod lol such a sweet car.

#146 ·
Great weekend for hunting
lots of nice cars out
Dumb A$$ in a new ferrari tried to get me off the line
Lets say it this way ,I doubt he will race any jeeps again
Hopefully see him again to find out what model it was
Never saw his tail end lol

#147 ·
Good to see you out killing again joe. I doubt there will be any ferrari that could get you off the line regardless of model. Haha

Reactions: mrsatellite
#148 ·
i got home and was toying with a GMC Typhoon and took down a street bike, thinking GSXR 750 for a couple lights

#151 · (Edited)
That GTR was reeling me in hard! i cut a 1.69 60ft and caught him sleeping at the tree. ill have to get matt to upload the video.
Also i might add took down a Terminator Cobra from a 60 roll this afternoon all he could say after was "damn that things fast"

#152 · (Edited)
Here is exhibit A: the photographic still evidence:

Vehicle Car Auto racing Race track Racing

And the exhibit B: the raw video

http://youtu.be/-S0L_BYcLAg

Watch for the win light!

Btw reason I missed the beginning is because for some reason Ryley got WAY ahead of Brad and Amanda for this run and I was shocked to see he was about to run so I rushed to record.

#154 ·
Update
Seen mr yellow Ferrari again
It's a 430 spider
Looks like was going to the jeep dealership
Probably trade in his slow a$$ car lol

#156 ·
think i got the boost controller all figured out........... :cool:

#157 ·
Hope to start hearing stories soon.:D

#158 ·
I had a little bit of a go with an ML 63 AMG the other day. Since I don't have my supercharger in right now and at a big disadvantage, I hit it before him so he had to play chase and for the short burst we had a run he wasn't able to catch up to me before he had to take the offramp so that was nice lol. Although he was probably thinking that my beast was running 11s (because of my plate) which is certainly not the case right now but I bet he thinks his AMG is REALLY fast now ?
I got to get my blower back on soon.

Reactions: 2010jcsrt8edm
#159 · (Edited)
Did a quick 0-100km test today.
5.5sec in my defense the road had a slight incline against me lol.
Without custom tune on.

Edit:
Installed custom tune.
same conditions same road less then an hour later.
0-100km results 5.2 and I think I let off because I was closing in on traffic.
conclusion: custom tune is good for atleast 3 tenths possibly more.:D

#162 ·
Not really a kill but a funny encounter.
My wife and I are in the left lane of two lane on 149 st at a red, I need to get the right so I give it some gas to pass the 50ish lady in the truck beside me.We didn't know it but she wanted a race lol.So i gave about half to 3/4 throttle and passed her with ease.
Up at the next red light shes in the lane beside me slow rolls up to me a signals for a round 2 lmao.
So I entertained her and beat her again, she waved and turned off, takes all kinds i guess.:)

#163 · (Edited)
That's hilarious lol
I'm on 149th St. just about every day, it's very close to my work.

I finally had my first chance driving next to a hellcat yesterday. It was a white charger and he was driving super aggressive he had quite the look on his face when I punched it next to him lol ?

#164 ·
Yeah I bet he looked surprised,haha give it to em.:D

#167 ·
The wife and I just killed a blue Chevelle on 170 and 87ave.
Looked like it had work done it was really nice.
He was driving aggressively around us and we ended up lining up at the light.The wife says "oh no" and precedes to grab her seat belt,lol.
I disable tc and throw her in first,light hits and I put a bus length on him and let off.
He finally caught up and we read his lips he was smiling saying "f#cker" I believe.Then he took off as the wife and I just laughed.

Reactions: Heep and Passmg2
#169 ·
I actually had a little run in with a Subaru last night that was far from stock. He was definitely wanting to go and very confident. It was pretty fast for a WRX, he was certainly 12s at least. But he tried a couple of times and the look on his face was quite precious when I just walked away every time. He was definitely not expecting that outcome he seemed very shocked and then he got annoyed and did a ricer fly by.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.