Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

2014 unleashed!

6K views 36 replies 22 participants last post by  Helheim 
#1 ·
Wow this beast looks awesome! Several new pics have been released online. Interior looks incredible.

#2 ·
Just saw the SRT pics! While the changes are nice and look great I don't think we have to fear of huge price increases...

We shall see!

Sent from The Nexus 4

#3 ·
#4 ·
#13 ·
They are LEDs but use a diffused approach instead seeing the individual LEDs.

I've been hearing performance is only slightly better. My guess is 0-60 may improve 0.2 if that. I'm guessing 1/4 times will still be similar. I guess we wait and see what the magazines say, and real world numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#11 ·
Wow! Huge improvement. New rims are better but still boring.

SRT better not increase the MSRP one damn penny. Now I've gotta wait a little while for the bugs to be worked out.

I wonder what (if any) new numbers it's putting out...?

#12 ·
Its supposed to be much quicker with much faster shifts than the 2012. Just watched the reveal with Ralph Gilles and he kept mentioning the fact that it has "lightning quick" shifts and downshifts. He made a point to not mention 0-60 times either saying that the media always gets a better time than they put out anyway. Definitely looks great inside and out! Have to start filling the piggy bank!

Reactions: a-kon
#14 ·
basically they screwed all the Alpine and Vapor owners... White is an option now and they all come standard with the black grills/trim...

#17 ·
I wouldn't say screwed them. SRT is evolving as a brand. They are giving buyers options! Colors, interiors, wheels, etc... Something new is always coming out. So you can't always own the best all the time lol. I'm still happy and like my 12. The 14s look great. I like the progress SRT is making, and look forward to the future. Forced induction! Again , another option for owners to choose.

Reactions: a-kon
#18 ·
one of the things i loved about the Alpine was they only made 400 of them. I paid extra for a limited edition and ive had it for 35 days and now its not that limited anymore.

#21 ·
i'm not that concerned with the navi screen and im still undecided on the 8-speed as i feel its gonna be on the hunt for gears.

#24 ·
That's the top dawg Summit. The lesser models don't look so much like the SRT. But agreed, it does have a similar flair.

#26 ·
I'm getting one.
Anyone interested in my '88 cherokee? It's got a 350 in it . . .and side pipes....

#33 ·
Well it is in south Africa so who knows, but I must say I didn't think the srt8 jeep needed any work on the exterior, I actually prefer the 2012 spec look, just liked the idea of launch control, new 8 speed and new interior finishes as I was ordering new. Oh and the original spider monkey rims are awesome, I'm keeping those, don't like the new ones. Very old school.

#35 ·
The cars should be seeing the supercharger in the coming months. Still no word on when the Jeep gets the s/c love. But sounds like it will get it eventually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.