Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

So quite!

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Mongoose9400 
#1 · (Edited)
So quiet!

Ok, I have 300 miles on my WK2 and was wondering something. This this so extremely quiet! I mean my WK1 was much louder. Not saying I dont mind it being stealth, but I also know some exhausts are known to gain more growl as things start getting broken in etc. Is this true with the WK2? I will NOT put an aftermarket exhaust on.

#2 ·
Yes, they pretty much stay quiet the whole time... my brother's 2012 was super quiet until he did his borla atak axle back. (Around 10k miles, if I remember right)

Honestly, I know you said before you would leave ALL vehicles stock from now on, but the borla atak makes it sound like it should. A bit deeper and louder, but still quiet enough cruising that you can drive 24 hours at a time and not notice the exhaust. Even in ECO, unless you REALLY listen for it.

I agree that it is quieter than the wk1 stock to stock... I would recommend you breaking your "stock only" policy just this once :D Install took literally 20 minutes with a floor jack. ;)

The choice is yours, enjoy the new ride :D

#3 ·
Ok, I have 300 miles on my WK2 and was wondering something. This this so extremely quiet! I mean my WK1 was much louder. Not saying I dont mind it being stealth, but I also know some exhausts are known to gain more growl as things start getting broken in etc. Is this true with the WK2? I will NOT put an aftermarket exhaust on.
I have almost 15k on mine and its quiet as a mouse. The only thing that gave it a small growl was the intake. I will be doing header & exhaust soon.

#8 ·
This.

My setup on the WK2 screams at WOT if I have all the windows down and can hear it. Otherwise, it's quiet.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.