Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Plasti-dip

4K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  BOYCHIKS 
#1 ·
Would somebody do this to a 2012 rim so I can see what it looks like:). I would like to see my mineral grey with black rims, just not willing to take the plunge yet. I wonder how hard it would be to get into all those small oval holes??

#3 ·
Go to your local Lowe's store and get a can of plasti-dip....return to car and spray on wheels. Decide on preference and peel off plasti-dip....done!

Reactions: rconner
#4 ·
It really is that easy. Just put in newspapers in behind so you don't get your rotors. Kiehl's write off if you don't want it.

#5 ·
Another members pic I have saved. Powdercoated IIRC, not plasti dip. But, shows you black on a MG.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
that's mine. 60% gloss powdercoat. from what i've seen plastidip has a rougher finish. but the upside is low cost and removable. i don't regret powdercoating mine at all. i love the look especially with all the other chrome gone. it gets tons of looks and questions from people now.

i still need to get out for some good shots since getting my wrapping done. but here's a shot from after the wheels and rear chrome strip were done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.