Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

A Day at the SHIFT S3CTOR 1/2 Mile Drag Races (w/Video and Pics)!!

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  jrod 
#1 ·
On Saturday, November 10, 2012 I arrived at the New Coalinga Airport (California) for some side by side 1/2 mile drag racing. It was a 50 mph rolling start on the runway and vehicles were paired randomly. I managed to get in a total of four runs in the four hours I was there. It was a very nice event put on by SHIFT S3CTOR with a bunch of high end...high horsepower vehicles. I managed to snap a few photos.

I also managed to finally get one of my GoPro videos uploaded to YouTube. This was a race against a newer BMW that is obviously lighter than the LX platform. It was in the 600+ horsepower range. We were even in the beginning, but by the 1/2 mile cone, I could see him a distance back in my rear view mirror. I looked down at the speedometer as I crossed the 1/2 mile cone and was right about 160 mph...

http://youtu.be/u98i9MujNjw

I hope you enjoy the photos and video clip...:)

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for sharing! Nice pics and vid.
Always wanted to do a 1 mile or even a half mile run.
Who had the fastest car of the day?

#4 ·
Looks like a ton of fun.

Long link for ya.

#5 ·
IMO Texas Invitational Is a better Event. That Red Porsche I was able to get lined up with at TI, and was happy to get the W. I want to bring some Oklahoma/Texas cars out to this event next year, along with the one in Georgia. What was the fastest car there this year? Did they have a Clock setup to tell times?

#8 ·
There were a few cars from out of state, but it would be nice to see more. There was no clock setup or a device to record speeds. That is something I would like to see added. Therefore, I could not speak to the fastest car there.

#6 ·
Looks like fun fun , whats done to your Bee ?

#7 ·
That's awesome, thanks for sharing!

#11 ·
dam Mike has a twin hehe , badass set up bro . the 9.93@136 was on boost only ?

#14 ·
Nice Super BEE there and thanks for sharing the pics and video with us!!!

#15 ·
Nice, glad to see the event going well. I was not trying to come off like a DB if i did. you should make the TI event in the spring, its has speed clocks, class's etc..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.