Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Black or Gun Metal

12K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  cmmurray77 
#1 ·
I am going to be getting the stock rims powder coated. Was wanting some opinions on color. My jeep is mineral grey. I was thinking a 60% gloss black but as the rims get dirty it looks as if a gun metal would look good also. What do you guys think? Anybody photoshop this? Or have pics of a mineral grey with gun metal? i have seen it with the black. Thanks!

#5 ·
These rims aren't the one's you have, but it will give you an idea, looks sexy.

#9 ·
:mecry::mecry:

sooooo sexy:mecry::mecry:

#10 ·
Decision's Decision's, I think the gunmetal would look great with the silver or red, but I am leaning more towards the black. Now do I do gloss, 60% or flat:confused:. Eventially all my trim will be plastidipped, I have been doing some long term testing and so far the stuff holds up incredible. I wish I had the skills to do some photoshoppin'.

#18 ·
I'm going trought the exact same dillemma, i had snow tires mounted on glosblack wk1 replicas and that looks great.
I just got my summer tires dismounted, and plan on going to the powdercoater one of these days.

I really think gunmetal looks killer, but the picture in the beginning of this thread with the wk1 rims, are to close to mineral grey. They need to be more contrasting imho...

Dillemma...

#19 ·
Thanks for all the replys so far. I am leaning towards gloss black or like an 80 % gloss black.

Mlarco52 for some reason your MG looks so much darker than mine??

I wish somebody would paint them MG so I could see what they look like..

I have the glossifier but have not used it yet, I have the smoke to do the tail lights and the headlights where I was going to put it on there. When I finish the trim I will try the glossifier and see what I think. Like I said earlier I was seeing how it held up before I put to much time into it. But for bang for buck the shit is super durable and looks great. If I had the balls I would paint all my trim MG.... I think that would look best.

#22 ·
I pulled the trigger on high gloss black.
Another point made by my powdercoater. The mineral grey has a greenish shade in it. Gunmetal, is a real grey shade, maybe a bit blueish.. These two just don't mix....

I got em back in a few weeks. (said it wasn't urgent. I'm running on snows anyway now.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.