Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Still tuning my Jeep...

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  philthyphil 
#1 ·
Yup, its been a few weeks now and we are still working on getting a stable tune for my beast.
Its been running below 10.0 at WOT...So I have been *trying* to stay out of WOT.

Thought it was the Boost-a-pump
Then the injectors... now we are messing with the tune + boost-a-pump some more to try and lean it out a little.

But we are getting there!
Just working on getting some datalogs sent to Johan so we can see whats going on.

Im also still figuring out how to datalog. I got Wade (Centraltexhemi) helping me out. Thanks Wade for answering all of my stupid questions and being a quick phone call away whenever im stuck on something!
And Thanks Johan for responding to my COUNTLESS emails LOL.

Once I get my Jeep running the right way I can do a write up on how I think the Vortech performs.

#2 ·
In time everything will work out for you bro and your Beast will be running like a Champ!! Looks like you are in good hands and the Toona will get you ripping in no time!

Keep us posted brother!

#3 ·
Hang in there bro! You've got some good peeps like Wade and Johan in your corner - I'm sure you'll be at full strength before long. If it's any consolation, it took me a few weeks and a number of tune revisions before I had mine running properly, and truth be told I don't even think I was 100% dialed in by the time I sold the blower. Besides, I'd imagine it would be less catastrophic for you to run too rich than too lean at WOT anyway.

Were you able to get your boost gauge installed? I also left Mike a vacuum manifold for you, if interested...

#4 · (Edited)
It does take some time to get it running right....

No I didn't get the boost gauge installed. Mike was busy.

He did give me that vacuum manifold. He said it helps the boost gauge read more accurately.
Thanks! I will talk to mike about installing it.

Can't wait to get everything hooked up! It should be pretty fun :)

#6 ·
well i feel your pain bro i cant even get a 11 outta mine :( so iam doing some datalogging to. wade is a great dude he's helped me several times with tuning issues ive had. now i know how to datalog all by myself lol..

brandon

#8 · (Edited)
Update:
The Jeep is TOONED!

A/f reads 11.5 at WOT..... well for a short wot. If I hold down WOT to redline I notice the a/f bouncing around the high 11`s low 12`s... so that is currently getting smoothed out.

But for short WOT runs (Which I have done 10-15 already this morning LOL) it is 100% stable. the a/f sticks to 11.5 and OMFG it pulls like a freight train.

I sh!t you not.... its crazy fast. When im going like 40 on the highway and I mash the pedal in "D", all the sudden im 5 cars ahead LOL! Whenever I floor it on the highway I now have to look out at whats going on ahead of me cuz in like 2 seconds im there LOL.... Anyway, I now have that grin again.....:D The grin I had when I first bought the jeep.

I will be doing a full write-up on how my Jeep performs with my mods soon. I just want to beat her up a little more first ;)

#12 ·
Very nice man , when you hitting the track with the SC ?

#13 · (Edited)
Sometime soon...
Only a few more kinks to work out in the toon.

I did a WOT launch and noticed the trans STRUGGLING to shift.... it takes longer to do a 2-3 shift than before, its definitely slipping, so I imagine that will hurt my time pretty bad. Thats one of the reasons why im not overly excited to hit the track... I dont want to see a bad time. LOL

Also im waiting to get one of my NT-05 tires replaced under some kind of warranty.... The dealer cant get 1 tire to balance on the road force balancer. If I go to the track with my old nitto 420s tires it wont be good. When I launch in partial boost my tires light up... a Wot launch causes them to spin way too much sometimes.

But I will have my times soon. Ill make sure to post them up when I get them.

I guess now all I need to do is save up for a Trans :D :lol:... and get that tire replaced....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.