Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

I found a fix for Sunroof not closing flush!

152K views 56 replies 51 participants last post by  woundup85 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Recently, I noticed that my sunroof was not closing flush with the roof but was otherwise working properly. Not by much, but there was enough room for water to get past the seal. I took the rig to the dealership. They charged me $110 to diagnose. They told me I had a bad module, it was not covered by the extended warranty, and it would cost me $675 to fix. I said never mind and took the rig home, $110 poorer.

I got online and found a TSB from 2005 that explains how to recalibrate the sunroof. I did it, and now it closes like its supposed to.

Just follow steps 7-12 at the bottom of this TSB:
[link no longer valid]

;)

#6 ·
Make this a sticky

#7 ·
Awesome!

CONFIRMED FIX!!!

JUST performed the re-cal and it worked beautifully. I was dreading another trip to the stealership :)fight::mad::flamed::bananahump-slvrathl) and now I don't have to :)thefinger: :silly: :nofu:)!

~copying and pasting from the .pdf (the RUN position is the ON position;i performed step 12 a total of 9 times)

7. Place the ignition switch in RUN position.
8. Close all of the doors.
9. Press and release the vent switch (sunroof should move to vent position).
10. Once the sunroof has stopped motion at the vent position, press and hold the vent switch
for at least 5 seconds to recalibrate the sunroof position.
11. If the sunroof did not reach the full vent open position, press and hold the vent switch until
the full-vent-open position is reached then release the vent switch, then press and hold the
vent switch for at least 5 seconds to recalibrate the sunroof position.
12. Cycle the sunroof from the full-vent-open position to the full-slide-open position and back to
the full-vent-open position at least 7 complete times. The sunroof is now in customer mode
with the obstacle detection thresholds updated.

THANKS BIGWIL!!!

I vote sticky thread and get this man a t-shirt and sticker! :) :D :pimp: :bigthumb:

#57 ·
Awesome!

CONFIRMED FIX!!!

JUST performed the re-cal and it worked beautifully. I was dreading another trip to the stealership :)fight::mad::flamed::bananahump-slvrathl) and now I don't have to :)thefinger: :silly: :nofu:)!

~copying and pasting from the .pdf (the RUN position is the ON position;i performed step 12 a total of 9 times)

7. Place the ignition switch in RUN position.
8. Close all of the doors.
9. Press and release the vent switch (sunroof should move to vent position).
10. Once the sunroof has stopped motion at the vent position, press and hold the vent switch
for at least 5 seconds to recalibrate the sunroof position.
11. If the sunroof did not reach the full vent open position, press and hold the vent switch until
the full-vent-open position is reached then release the vent switch, then press and hold the
vent switch for at least 5 seconds to recalibrate the sunroof position.
12. Cycle the sunroof from the full-vent-open position to the full-slide-open position and back to
the full-vent-open position at least 7 complete times. The sunroof is now in customer mode
with the obstacle detection thresholds updated.

THANKS BIGWIL!!!

I vote sticky thread and get this man a t-shirt and sticker! :) :D :pimp: :bigthumb:
Link has disappeared this just saved the day! Thanks mate

#21 ·
Keep trying it, mine didn't fix it the first time. It took like 5 or six tries. This is always an interesting thread. I see these steps listed on the new post list every couple months and everyone is always overjoyed to find the solution. I definitely think this should become a sticky. Its a VERY common problem

#17 ·
I would go back to the dealer with this information in hand and give them one opportunity to refund your money and apologize. Probably best to go directly to the service manager or general manager and let them know who you dealt with the first time. In a perfect world, they will do the right thing. If they don't, please post an update with the dealer and staff member(s) you dealt with for our benefit. Thanks a bunch for very useful information!
:bigthumb:

#27 · (Edited)
I'm going to try this right away I've been dealing with this problem just for a couple of days thank you very much!

UPDATE:
Just tried it and sunroof is flush an beautiful!
Thanks! Someone sticky this!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#28 · (Edited)
Well... This being my second Jeep, I knew how to re-calibrate it. I did it when I first bought it a few weeks ago. So in comes the first big rain storm since then... I hop in the Jeep and there's literally 2-3" of water in the driver's side floorboard with water running down both "oh-$hit" handles.
So... I did it again and repeatedly opened/closed it while under an overpass and hopefully it'll stop leaking. But last I checked, there was still water in the overhead piece.

Now... I see that there's also drain lines that run off of that thing.
TSB_WK_23-050-04 tells you all about it. Pictures too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.