Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Irwindale CA 5/26/11 Every1 Post Results.

3K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  jntdysf 
#1 · (Edited)
Well we had a pertty good turn out as 6 jeeps and 1 2011 6.4 challenger showed up. The DA sucked but we did what we had to do. We all were running our CA 91 gas and that really sucked as i no if we had the federal 93 gas we would of ran a lot better. I did run a PB on this 91 gas as a month ago i ran a 8.10@84.73 and tonight i ran a 8.08@84.75 so i was happy about that. I was glad to meet all the guys and they all said they wanted to do this again so ill fig something out. Ill list my best time and ill let the others list theres but 1 thing about the tunes we all had it was 4 JOHAN AGAINST 1 DYNO TUNE AND 1 PREDATOR CANNED TUNE. We all ran pertty good as the DA WAS +1540 FT with damp humidity. Ill list the ET i no but ill let the guys put up there own times. I was really impressed with the E mail JOHAN TUNES.
7.56 s/charged
8.08 N/A
8.19 N/A
8.20 N/A
8.32 N/A
Heres my best run.
GAS.......CA 91 W/1.8% OXY
DA.......+1540 FT
60'........1.760
330'......5.187
1/8.......8.082 PB ON THIS 91 GAS
mph......84.75 PB ON THIS 91 GAS

See less See more
#7 ·
Im at work without the time slips but I'll post em up later. But nice meeting all you guys we need to meet up again sometime. I think the crowd and anouncer were quite impressed with our jeeps people were giving me thumbs up's and stuff on the return road. HA HA

#8 · (Edited)
Mean i was impressed with you jeep as a 7.56 in this DA was great. Your time corrected to a 7.45@92.64. As im typing this im sore all over its called old age lol. In our handicap race last night as it worked out the .500 head start you were giving me ended up at a .909 but it was fun watching you come like gang buster to catch me. With some vp109 race gas and a JOHAN TUNE FOR IT i see some 7.30s. Like i was telling you IRWINDALE is a least .20 FASTER than FONTANA.

#10 ·
The Jeeps just don't get any respect. The official photo company for Bandi came out to a T&T last year and the little girl kept coming up and saying we've got a lot of pictures of your Jeep. Turns out they only took three, like your guy, and it was the only Jeep they shot. I did get a glossy photo, a JPEG, and a t-shirt though. Never saw them again out there. Guess they only do the big events.

wink

#11 ·
Jim King of Cali , Great to see a group of beast together .

#13 ·
Here a quick run down of my PB off memory 1.81 60ft 1/8th mile 8.20@83.91. Couldn't get my 60ft any better than 1.8s but I didn't try very hard either since they kept putting water down for me and I had 41psi all around on my toyos so I know that didn't help either. The rigs got a lot of respect though every time I staged you could hear the announcer saying how fast they were

#14 · (Edited)
You all did very good and i think we should do it again just let me no. I think with a few tweeks from JOHAN on all your tunes will be a big help. There has been times i have been the 1st 1 to make a run and asked the guy dont water my side and he said ok but after that he has to and it didnt really help at all. I ran the same with or with out it. I drive thru the water do a couple of quick burn outs to get the water off then stage. As far as your 60' go its tire,track prep,motor tq and i think race wt gets you down there. Nest time try pulling the ABS/PUMP FUSE to see if that helps. After my cmr dyno tune pulling the fuse or pushing the t/c button was the same.

#20 ·
Yeah i'll go to another one i had a lot of fun i think i'll try out that 100 octane tune next time. I wish i would have thought to do some data logging down there to see if Johan could further tweak my tune.

#17 ·
Sorry I missed it...it sounds like it was a great time. I've been busy with the arrival of my baby daughter on the 18th but I'll make it next time. Congrats on the great runs!

#19 ·
By the way CRANKCASE measured the temps of mine and JEEP YOU intake manifolds after 1 hr cooling and mine was iced and his was air cooled and mine was 77 degrees and JEEP YOU was 130 degrees. I guess ill be getting 1 of those temp guns lol.

#22 · (Edited)
Next time out try leaving as soon as the last yellow comes on as the lights are on a .500 tree and your .3 to .4 tenths slow on the reaction times. If you noticed on the race you ran me i had a .504 now thats .004 thousands from being a perfect reaction time.

#24 · (Edited)
What has helped me is the 130 + passes i have made. The problem with the porta trees are it doesnt take in the diff between a pro tree and a sportsman tree and plus the tire spin. If you hook you have to wait longer than if you spin. last time out i had a .504 and .523 light and a .418 on the handicapp head start i got on Dons blower jeep. If i leave as soon as i see the last yellow i will red light with a .430 to .470 light because i hook. We all need to hook up at least once every month or two to have some fun.

#26 ·
Thanks for the pics Jim. A wide variety of vehicles. Looks like fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.