Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

looking to join up soon, have some questions

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  fatsoomeed 
#1 ·
im looking to join into the srt family soon (been lurking for a longgg time), just had a couple questionss.

1.) how many miles do these motors usually last? (i.e. whats considered a good milage to buy one at)
2.)....

ok i guess it was just one question, LOL
all the other questions ive lurked about months ago....

i drive about a 1500 miles a month (on a slow month) so the miles are just gunna be adding up, left and right, up and down, corner to corner, front to back,,,,ok maybe not that bad but you get the idea

i wanna keep repair costs at a bare minimum (dont we all) but mainly bc payments will take up a good portion of my paycheck and the rest will go to gas + insurance + mods.

ive gone down the whole pay a lot to keep your jeep (193K miles on original motor) running path and it was not as much fun as it seemed

thanks in advance :)

See less See more
#2 ·
The engineers said they biolt the motors to go well past 150k, someone on the forum has one supercharged and has over 100k miles on his jeep.... I think they last a while. As far as what miles u should buy one at... get one with the lowest miles you can for a good price since you will be putting so many on it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.