Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

9 weeks and the beast is finally home!!!

4K views 54 replies 22 participants last post by  veyronSRT8@TTCreations 
#1 ·
And I am stuck at work for another few hours...DANG!!!
Neither my mom or my girlfriend would pull it into the garage after hearing it idle...LOLOL
JT

#4 ·
x2.............

#11 ·
With HHPs 426s they run a stage III custom cam and with the idle at around 700 - 750 it damn near hops from the lope at red lights. I'll try to get some sounds clips, but again just a digital camera for it. If it comes out well enough, I'll get some with the cutouts when I get them on.
Thanks,
JT

#6 ·
come on what u do i wont let anyone drive it except girl friend or my dad forget about my mom i dont want it in million of pieces

#9 ·
I still have to put a few hundred miles on it to finish breaking it in, but I am pretty sure I had to crawl out of the backseat after I laid on the throttle through 3rd gear...
Definitely a major difference and I think once it gets broke in, it'll loosen up more.
BEAST = what blown said - 426 stroker built and installed by the fellas at HHP.
I'll post a new thread with converter updates but I took it to get gas (haha - so appropriate right!) and it felt really good. No lag or spongy feel, it just sat up and rolled out. I actually think I said OH $#it outloud...LOL
Gonna have to do some driving before a full report but for an intro, there is a major difference from the stage II heads/cam that I had on before.
I have to say 1st gear is stronger than it was, but 2nd and 3rd are ridiculous. Dyno Steve detuned 1st and 1-2 shift to save the drivetrain and you can really feel the 426 start breathing in 2nd. It just doesn't seem right for a 4 door jeep to do what these things do!
I've got a digital camera that I may be able to get a video on, and I know just the place to do it. Give me a few days.
Now I gotta find someone to put the DMH cutouts on...

#20 ·
Glad to see that you got it back. Now go and step on the gas and give us some feedback. There is NO break in period! Drive it like you stole it.:D

#24 ·
Alright, well so far - I launched at 2000 with TC off. Made my girlfriend sick, my dad's still talking about it BUT instead of shifting at the 'programmed' 5000 rpm shift point it went to 6200 rpm in 1st then went into limp mode!!! I will say, it was by far the sickest launch Ive ever been involved in.
I lauched again later with TC on, shifted as programmed, but every now and then it makes a vibration-noise when it shifts. Not sure the tranny is liking its new 600+ mate. Only time will tell.
Oh yea, apparently he has the idle set around 700, yea - that is WAYYY to low for HHP's stage III cam. On occasion in gear it will lope from 200 - 1200 RPMs; damn near dies and feels like it wants to bunny hop! Gotta get that adjusted.
The only other issue is P0300 - randon misfire that showed up. Josh said the crank will occasionally cause that on start up.
Thanks

#29 ·
You better post a vid of that sucker launching!!

#25 ·
Vibration when it shifts. Oh no, that can't be good. I feel for ya. Sounds like a beast though!

#26 ·
Sounds like a beast... welcome to the world of powerful hemi's not playing with Chrysler's Rhue-Goldberg PCM/TCM duo.

#37 ·
your not going to get rid of p0300....will come back every few days....even does with my cam (and yours is a bigger grind I'm sure)! What torque converter did you decide to go with....I'm thinking about the edge 2800......do you think the limp mode on the launch was due to the converter.....that was the problem that sarge was having (I beleive). Congrats on the beast!!!!!!!

#38 ·
if i do get a CEL it generally is a misfire code due to the large cam, however it usually only applies to start up....seems that once i reset it, that it doesnt come on until the next startup...i was expecting it to be on constantly with the cam i have...as for limp modes on launch...i know that some early 07's torque management regardless of how much you can take out, will still have influence on a hard 426 launch especially with lateral g's. WE NEED THAT CROM FROM PREDATOR so we can have full control over shift points and that Torque management, this will be an awesome day..

#42 ·
Trying to attach a few videos. 1st one is idle - sorry about the talking, some girl was trying to sell me a vacuum while I was filming.
2nd is launch with traction control on.
3rd is what it is doing when I slow down or stop - I am not pressing the gas. You will hear me rev it to keep it from dying but it dies anyway.
JT

#43 ·
Thanks for sharing the Vids. I feel for you on the idle problem. I would be furious after spending a pile of money on the build. By the way, why did you move from Pa to TX?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.