Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

My Sub install is finally complete

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  stevesvt 
#1 ·
Next on my list is to get all new speakers for front and back and then headrest monitors.

I had them prepare the 4 channel amp for the door speakers, it just isn't connected to anything.

Some pictures...

There is a run in the paint, but I needed the jeep for a last minute thing after 3 weeks being without it , so I have to return it to get the paint fixed. I wish it was one box, but it doesn't look bad as three.

The center box containing the sub is completely sealed. The 2 side boxes have storage compartments accessible by folding down the rear seats.

See less See more
#3 ·
That was my major consideration. I have a stroller that I have to carry around. Now I just need to figure out the best way to tie it down so it doesn't bounce around and scratch or puncture everything up, but also not take 20 minutes to tie rr untie it every time I need to use it.

Maybe Bunjee would be the best bet.

#4 ·
Next on my list is to get all new speakers for front and back and then headrest monitors.

I had them prepare the 4 channel amp for the door speakers, it just isn't connected to anything.

Some pictures...

There is a run in the paint, but I needed the jeep for a last minute thing after 3 weeks being without it , so I have to return it to get the paint fixed. I wish it was one box, but it doesn't look bad as three.

The center box containing the sub is completely sealed. The 2 side boxes have storage compartments accessible by folding down the rear seats.
Looks good....I sure as hell wish I could go without the cargo cover.....But No, too many thieves here in the states....

Is that custom bent neon....

I love the SRT logo in the Amprack

#5 ·
Thank you. I figured that in every single SUV that I have owned, I have never once used the cover so off it went.

On the AMP rack lighting, no, it's not that fancy. It's just surrounded by LEDs.

Here's a question for you or anyone else experienced in custom audio:

How much do you think this would cost in the states? Don't include the amps or the sub since I provided those.

#7 ·
I went through a retailer and it cost me about 2,300.00. That price includes all materials and labor but excludes the 2 amps and single subwoofer.

There is a capacitor hidden as well. I think it is one of those mega 10,000 farad jobbies that allows me to start my car if my battery runs out.

#11 ·
First, I am happy with the sound of the sub and what the Kenwood amp is providing me with the Kicker.

That being said, this project kind of evolved from a simple single side mounted carpet covered sub to this.

To tell the truth, I had purchased a 12 inch Kenwood sub and amps when they had a sale on kenwood products at the local military department store here. I then realized that sub wasn't what I wanted so I picked up a kicker sub.

I haven't decided on the components yet. I am open to suggestions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.