Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Weird sound when upshifting gear to gear (CMR TUNE)??

Moved: 
3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  mcopare 
#1 ·
Hey guys

Question for those with predator/cmr tune (johan)....

When driving hard like WOT starts pedal to the metal, the truck makes a weird sound almost like a hissing noise when going from first to second , 2nd to 3rd etc. You feel a boost too when going from gear to gear too. IS this normal?

Kinda scared dont wana blow my tranny out:confused:

Thanks so much

#2 ·
A hissing sound? Did you recently install a cai or remove your intake for any reason. Hissing sound would be a vacuum leak.

#5 ·
If your refering to me then its your tranny...Mine started to whine at 12K. Brought it to the dealer i was using at the time and they said they couldn't hear anything, go figure. Its not normal and if i would have brought it to a diff dealer at the time they would have prob taken the tranny out to inspect. But at the time I didnt have a chance to bring it to a diff dealer so in the mean time i had the tranny flushed and filled with amsoil atf and the noise went away. Noise came back around 30K a couple times then went away again. Havnt had anything fail and im now at 60K and 10K of that is with the Vortech on.

If you have warranty go get it checked out and see if you can go get a new tranny out of it...

#6 ·
i think if u had a vac leak you would ber throing a code. i have the same sound. its from the intake and idt normal and fine from what i hear and been told.

#8 ·
I had a pretty bad vacuum leak and no codes.

#10 ·
This noise started immediatley after i got my CMR TUNE from johan so my tranny cant be shot, plus i got my whole engine checked at the dealership fluids etc and everythings 100% soo im guessing its the tune making the intake suck air in like a mother!! and then boosting me into the next gear??:thinkerg:
Needless to say my truck is crazy fast off the line but not so much 60 and up.

Also i tried racing a 2010 nissan 350z on the highway , we were both doing about 60, so i dropped it into 3rd and the 350z smoked me!! Im guessing its because how fast we were already going???

Input please!

thanks

#11 ·
This noise started immediatley after i got my CMR TUNE from johan so my tranny cant be shot, plus i got my whole engine checked at the dealership fluids etc and everythings 100% soo im guessing its the tune making the intake suck air in like a mother!! and then boosting me into the next gear??:thinkerg:
Needless to say my truck is crazy fast off the line but not so much 60 and up.

Also i tried racing a 2010 nissan 350z on the highway , we were both doing about 60, so i dropped it into 3rd and the 350z smoked me!! Im guessing its because how fast we were already going???

Input please!

thanks
Hey, I just got a custom tune from Johan and mine does the same noise sounds sort of like a grinding when hard on the throttle and when it shifts. I asked johan and he said to ask the forum. I only have about 10k miles or 12k kilometers on my rig. And it didn't do this before the tune. Need info too! Thanks.

#14 ·
Can't hear the noise in your vid.

#16 ·
noise went away and now is there again but not as loud. Noise is there when I use autostick and am shifting up through the gears with heavy throttle. yes it goes away betweeen shifts.

#19 ·
Problem is, it didn't do that before the tune.

#20 ·
I bet you had the rpms to low put it in 2nd it will only be there for a sec. then you shif or it will shift out but that will get your rpms up faster you should have at least been even with the 350z remember its a 6 speed so it will have some top end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.