Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

brembo caliper clear coat peeling off..

29K views 60 replies 28 participants last post by  pnut 
#1 ·
My two front caliper clear coat started to peel off when shooting it with water ..when cleaning my wheels..damm..is this covered under warranty?

#2 · (Edited)
Damn that sux bro... did you wash them with any kind of heavy degreaser/cleaner or something? Wonder if there is a "Brembo Red" touch up paint?? I am also in need as I have a few big chips in my front calipers....

#3 ·
Did you spray them with wheel cleaner or anything while they were hot? i've only had my jeep since April, but mine look the same as the day I got them, although I'm a freak and periodically take the wheel off to clean them and put a coat of wax on them.

I'd definitely go to the dealer about it either way and see what happens.

#11 ·
+1, glad they took care of ya. Proper.

#12 ·
good to hear. You'll be back to do it again, so keep an eye on them. The clear is of low quality, and seems to be extremely susceptible to chemicals of many kinds. They're not like the aftermarket Brembo units, which all in all are of a much higher quality....from the materials to craftsmanship to coating(powdercoated, also with a powder clear). Nonetheless, when you get out of warranty timeframe, you can get custom with them and use much higher quality product to refinish them yourself, or even get them powdercoated.

#28 ·
That is more of a paint issue than a brake/performance/wear item.

I have several breaks in my paint (from calipers getting banged around during a hellacious pad change). No clearcoat peeling, but probably a matter of time now...

Reactions: Heep and GoPlzGo
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.