Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

WHY BWoody lowering springs are SUPERIOR to Eibach Springs

8K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  GotStroked 
#1 ·
Okay, Modern Horsepower have just completed their first run GB for the Bwoody springs and although my set has yet to arrive, some members have already got and installed theirs.

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18038

Opinion so far is unanimous that the Bwoody product is far superior to Eibach. (no bottoming out and not as bouncy)

To those that have it already and have compared their truck against those with Eibach, please post and share your thoughts here.

My intent is to help those in the market for lowering springs so that they buy the right product the first time!!

#3 ·
I have the eibachs and at first they were pretty good, but now after a few thousand miles and they have fully settled they are too stiff and the rears constantly bottom out on pot holes. I feel like I clench my teeth evertime i'm about to go over a pothole. Not the way springs should be and i'm waiting as the 1st buyer in the next round andy's setting up for the bwoody spring buy.

#5 ·
Maybe I missed it before but what is the difference in the bwoody setup for the rear? Does it use a different spring rate? Different bumpstop?

#6 ·
As some of you may have noticed I wasn't a fan of the Eibach kit due to my past experiences with lowering springs. First and foremost, I don't want to hurt launch and stiffer springs (typically used in lowering kits) kill weight transfer. Second, I've heard nothing but complaints regarding hitting the bumpstops (even when modified/hacked down) with the Eibach kit. After removing my runflats and going with Michelin HP Latittudes, I'm all about avoiding excessive NVH so the Eibach kit just wasn't going to cut it.

Why is the BWoody kit better? A few reasons:

1) Springs are all heat treated and shot peened unlike Eibachs. Meaning there is no settling, the initial install height is what you end up with.

2) Drop is 1.0" in front and 1.7" in rear.

3) Rear springs are soft enough to allow weight transfer during launch, yet stiff enough not to whack the bumpstops.

4) BWoody's kit uses a completely redesigned bump stop tower assembly with polyurethane bushings--again helping to eliminate hitting the bumpstops.
:D:D:D:D:D

#8 ·
Oops, I forgot to pm you about it. Yes, I received it. Thanks Chris! :D

And BTW, I drove both Jeeps, one with Eibachs and mine with the BWoody springs. No comparison the BWoody wins hands down. Thank you, that is all.....

#9 ·
anyone wanna buy a set of eibach's still in the box???? Not gonna be lowering for now, and when I do, it'll be BWoody all day. . . any takers?

#10 ·
:lol: don't post this here! This link just tells everyone why Eibachs suck balls!

#11 ·
but I agree that they suck balls, which is why I'm not putting them on my truck. . . my post was a bit sarcastic, sorry the undertones didn't show up on-line, damn intraweb always screwing up my tone. . .

#16 ·
That's a great attitude for someone who just got blowed by another dude. :eek: You are right though. Sometimes you need to be a pioneer and accept the fall backs when they come.

BTW, the BWoody springs rock!! :D

#15 ·
Bro I'm not pointing the finger at anyone, just saying how comical it is.

Remember the chaos of the group buy threads??! People raving about them!

Hey I've been there/done that too and felt the sting. I'm happy that BWoody came to the table and brought a great product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.