Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Time to add a Jeep

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Pachy 
#1 ·
I am the current VCA pres in the Central Texas Region so I do have Vipers, SRT10 Ram, etc...

Viper has Heffner Twins and N2O and the SRT Ram has a Paxton on it... I like power, but these are not daily drivers.

I recently sold my Ram 2500 Cummins work truck (own a construction company) and realized I never really towed anything or utilized teh bed much at all to need a replacment truck.

So I am thinking on a Jepp SRT8 as a daily. Looking hard at the 2014 with new tranny and dash, but am open to older models as well.

Is there a big reason to stick with a 2010 over a 2014?

#3 ·
The alpine is killer! That is what I was looking at before the release of the 2014 specs came out. They will offer a 2014 in white as well but not alpine package.

Can always wrap in at XPEL in thier matte wrap for a cool effect

Is the 2013 any better than the 2010? The 2014 has too many new parts to really have a feel for it yet, anyone know this transmission they are using? Will it stand up with launch mode?

#5 ·
I'm in San Antonio, but get to College Station quite a bit as I have family there.

Been to TWS several times when I had a track Viper but the TT GTS does not do so well on a road course, it is street all the way with occasional Texas Mile....

As for the Jeep it would be my daily driver so other than headers and exhaust I MAYBE would try and do heads and cam. That would be about it to keep it 100% reliable.

#6 ·
Not much aftermarket for the wk2 yet. 2012 is tunable but nothing for '13 or'14 . Yet. They are definately more luxurious than the wk1. I just love the aggresive look of the older ones.

#10 ·
You might as well add a badass jeep to your badass stable and build a Turbo Jeep ;)

#12 ·
I have a wk1 and i love it, and i'm thinking of leaving it as a w-end toy too ,and buying a 12 to 14 model, also White is the color to go IMO, if it's gong to be a DD i think a newer model will be fine, maybe an alpine white which you can tune and add exhaust and intake, that'll keep you happy. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.