Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow

11K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  BigNunz6 
#1 · (Edited)
Just had the Scorpion Ice & Snow's on the fathers jeep installed a few days ago on the stock wheels. The ride feels a little softer, which would be from the softer tire compound. Only driven on them a little bit but in general feel is good so far. I'll be driving the truck for 3 weeks after Christmas while he is gone to Florida. Cost was $425 CDN each. And I see the tirerack is sold out for the season now.

See less See more
#3 ·
Just finished 2 hour trip on 2-3 inches of snow covered roads and rig was rock solid and handled just like other jeeps I have had going around 55-60 mph. Did get a little loose once pushing 65 on open straight away though. I have the same set up and was very thankful for them because there were 8 accidents seen during the drive.

#5 ·
I ran Scorpions on my SRT8 Charger and they performed pretty admirably. I'll prolly be going with the same tires this fall for my GC.

#6 · (Edited)
What are your thoughts on these compared to the pirelli all seasons or the yokohama all seasons? I'm thinking about buying a set of these for winter, but I'd prefer to have a separate set of rims to put them on. The only non OEM/non replica rim I can seem to find is the O.Z. Superturismo Dakar. OEM rims are crazy expensive and I'm not sure how good quality the replicas would be?

#7 ·
Well I'm not sure on them compared to the all-season as the jeep as the 3 season tires and never had the all-seasons. Theses tires to perform very well in the snow, little or deep for how wide they are. I especially went out at 12AM one night when we had a large snowfall and there was probably a good 8 inches of snow on the road at that point and it plowed through with no traction issues at all at 60-80 km/h.

They also handle nicely on cold dry roads too, helps to keep the sport feel of the truck with the same sidewall thickness. You will feel a little more roll in hard corners but nothing very noticeable.

#8 ·
I've been running those since I bought my Jeep. I like them although for deep snow conditions, I'd be inclined to recommend the 18" wheels with either the Blizzaks or the Pirelli's.

I have found the odd time that when driving in that slushy stuff, I can start to hydroplane because I'm running the 265/295 combo on dedicated stock wheels. Not a huge problem for me as the bulk of my driving in the winter is in rainy conditions here on the wet coast.

#10 · (Edited)
Don't see why not. Been done many times before on the WK1 with great results. Just get the correct bolt pattern/offset and corresponding tire so your speedometer is accurate. Remember when dealing with deeper snow, you really want a narrower tire so you have greater weight on the tire patch/sq inch for better traction.
On the flip side, you will sacrifice some handling but it's better than crashing the vehicle.
P. S. I just checked & the Laredo runs 245/70R 17 tires. You can definitely do 18's if you want for winter with a lower profile tire. Just as long as the circumference is the same as the original.

#12 ·
Just out of curiosity, I just had a look @ Tire Rack & Discount Tire's sites & neither have a wheel & tire package yet for the WK2 SRT8. That said, I imagine they would be able to get their hands on something that would work. Yes definitely the calipers will be the problem.

#14 ·
Don't be in too much of a hurry as something will likely come up here before winter either used or package deals that may come available. That said I suspect 18's would be the least expensive.

#21 ·
Affliction, did you receive your replicas yet? I am also looking for winter wheel/options and want to be sure the front brakes aren't an issue. I was looking at the same wheels on ebay from the same seller. I noticed that he had different wheel widths. What did you end up going with and what size tires are you planning on getting?

Thanks.
I'm doing the same thing now a year later for my 15srt8. Any updated info from you guys? How did this turn out? Thanks in advance, Mike.

#19 ·
Affliction, did you receive your replicas yet? I am also looking for winter wheel/options and want to be sure the front brakes aren't an issue. I was looking at the same wheels on ebay from the same seller. I noticed that he had different wheel widths. What did you end up going with and what size tires are you planning on getting?

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.