Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

What did you do to your Jeep today?

1M views 9K replies 612 participants last post by  bxcharger 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a wildly successful thread on another forum I'm on, so I thought I might as well start it here.

Today I traced down a loud squeling coming from the engine that I determined was a result of a cheap belt. I determined it was the belt by spraying the grooves of the belt with WD40 while the engine was running. If the squeling is the belt, the sqeeling will stop when you spray it.

Next I found a location to install my catch can. To do so I had to cut two bolts and trim the head of one of them. For those that have removed your stock CAI, there is a bracket just waiting to be put to work.

Here's some photos for the hell of it. I know it's not the prettiest thing you've ever seen, but it functions nicely. :)

See less See more
#4,236 ·
I hope you got the price you wanted for it. Buying a WK2?!

#4,238 ·
With two accidents, I got what I could get.
No, not buying a WK2. Maybe in a few years.
Sold mine also Got a 300 SRT8 Will miss it for the great winter drive but got great money for it . What did you replace it with ??

#4,240 ·
So finally got the custom hitch I made painted up and installed. It looks pretty sweet I must say.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle Alloy wheel

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Auto part
Auto part Suspension part Suspension Vehicle Pipe
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Bumper
Luxury vehicle Wire Bicycle part Vehicle

#4,242 ·
#4,243 ·
I have had a few guys ask if I could make more. However the problem is that I fabricated this up during my chassis fabrication class where I has benders, weld ears and all that good stuff at my disposal. So for now I can't make anymore. I haven't had a chance yet to test it out yet, but all the bolts are grade 8 the round tubing is 2" by .120" wall. It was a pain to put a small bend in with hand bender. The receiver is mig welded at the center and on the outside edges at the brackets they are Tig welded. The draw bar which I am very proud of is all Tig welded, so I know there is very good penetration. I cut and shaped the top where the ball attaches out of 1/2 plate.

Reactions: 4u2nvinmtl
#4,244 ·
Went to the workshop, saw that it's still sitting in pieces with not much change from the last time I saw it a month ago. Cried on the inside

#4,246 · (Edited)

Compound/polish

#4,248 ·
I love it, 2nd favorite visual mod I've done.

I'll get some better pics when I finish washing the rest of it down and you don't have to see my trash cans in the reflection, lol.

#4,250 ·
New battery ordered... :(

#4,267 ·
HUGE S/O to those Demon boys! Hooking me up with a D1SC kit...it's time for some BOOOOOOST! :rocker:

Attachments

#4,270 ·
Ditto... Gonna see if i can get something like that to work on the WK2. Thanks for the idea! :cheers:

#4,281 ·
I wish I realized beforehand I went into it blind.

#4,288 ·
My jeep got a wax does that count as something?
I also got some race car parts in! LOL. just a some gauges and other small things for my D1 setup I am installing soon.

#4,292 ·
Where'd you get the lugs? Do they have other colors? Locking ones?

#4,297 ·
I picked this up last night!!!!!! 426 vortech monster!!

Attachments

Reactions: Jfra and 4u2nvinmtl