Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Just came from the dealership and...

6K views 34 replies 22 participants last post by  Naldo 
#1 ·
they said wk1 jeeps came with slotted rotors from the factory is this true?

#2 ·
#4 ·
Thats what I told them but they insisted that they did.

#5 ·
The sales reps, and or managers are a bunch or idoits. I was at my local chrysler dealership two weeks taking my overland to get the oil changed and I was waiting looking at their vaport jeep srt and I asked the sales manger if they were going to get an alpine jeep srt in. I shit you not...the manager had no idea what I was talking about. He reponds by saying that if chrysler makes one they will be getting one in. Honestly I wasnt shocked by his response at all. The lack of knowledge and experience makes me sick.

#6 ·
i was told that the 6.1 isnt a hemi... that the 5.7 is the hemi... and only the hemi can beat a mustang GT... by a sales manager.

no slotted rotors, they are ignorant.

#8 ·
Mine came with twin turbos :confused:

Reactions: LASRT
#13 ·
The LX SRTs come with slotted rotors, not the Jeeps

#15 ·
Ya a buddy of mine is the parts manager there and thats the only reason I went there

#16 ·
Maybe you should have them jump on the forum and learn a little bit! Examples like this are part of the reason the SRT vehicles aren't given the respect they should. Many dealers don't bother to educate themselves on their own product line. It's like going to a butcher and asking for a rack of baby backs and the butcher saying pigs don't have ribs!

#19 ·
I hope that the service writers are the ones asking all these stupid questions/saying these stupid things. Some of the things posted here are just crazy and I'd expect it from an independent shop but not from a dealer. Pretty terrible. I hope their techs correct them prior to anything being done.

#20 ·
I was at the dealer yesterday when they told an old lady she needed 3 (three) new tires and an alignment for $1000?? She almost started crying. She bought the Grand Cherokee there and went for the free oil change.

Suggested to her to shop around before making that decision.....so she did

#21 ·
that's awful. idk what shop sells 3 tires instead of 4. especially on a sensitive 4WD vehicle such as jeeps. the only time i ever take my vehicles into the dealer is for warranty work, otherwise i do all my own work. in my opinion you're much better off searching yelp and other places for a good mom n pops shop. they usually won't take advantage of you and their rates are much less than the standard $100+/hr from the dealer.

#22 ·
Oh my lord. The never ending dealership saga continues.....

#23 ·
When I was still under warranty and had service done at the dealer, they tried to charge me for tire rotations on 2 different occasions. Both times I had to explain to the guy at the counter why this needed to come off the bill. Same guy twice and he's worked there forever. Haven't gone back since my warranty expired.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#25 ·
I only go to the dealer for warranty work, and even then I sometimes just fix it myself, not worth the hassle sometimes.

#27 ·
I had an issue with my sunroof and the sales men goes "I love how the new SXTs have the headlights painted to match" I really do too, I told the man. My 2011 is a limited edition SRT. Hahaha he was looking at my 1st set of headlights from Dan.

But come on man. SXT??? And he didn't say anything when I told him it was a 2011. So I found a new place to go to that my warranty will still cover for the sunroof....

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#29 ·
Ya the first time I took my Silverado SS to the dealership , they were telling me how cool it was that these trucks came supercharged from the factory. I couldn't believe this guy, really whipple supercharger from the factory keep dreaming.

#31 ·
Calgary Forum Members

I got to meet three of our Calgary members this afternoon; Jay(YYCSRT8), Tim H(Tim), and John(handle unknown).

Three great guys, two of whom have MagnaCharged or ProCharged beasts. They have helped me make a decision on having a "huffed" WK1, so now the first part of the process begins, getting down to ordering the requisite kit. Then the funs begins!

Thanks for your time guys, it is greatly appreiated.

#33 ·
When i bought my STi the sales guy told me the factory top mount intercooler was the intake ... I just smiled and nodded.

#34 ·
when my cousin bought his 03 cobra we went to packy webb (fort those in chicago) ford and talked to a salesman who was totally clueless as to what he was selling. best part was that this was an SVT certified dealer. when we first looked at the car the salesman comes out, goes to the front of the grill and bends down and sticks his fingers in the grill and waves them up and down saying woah, seems like something is missing here. we both just looked at him like yeah man what's wrong with that, laughing lol. ended up knocking the price down from 22k to 19.5k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.