Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Who makes the best Catchcan?

12K views 39 replies 25 participants last post by  wakevictim 
#1 ·
Need one ASAP!!! Thanks!

Jeff

#2 ·
#3 ·
I've seen a Pringles can used as one before...oh no wait that was a CAI lol. Yeah I think BT leads that race on this forum.

#5 ·
I didnt even know this was a question. But yes, contact billet tech. billettechnology.com

#29 ·
Thanks for the compliment on looks. Im sure the Moroso Can works well too. Matter of fact I bet you you open up that Can.You will see a two chambered top. Wonder where they got that idea from ;)..

I guess I am the outcast BUT I use Elite Engineering and no problems with it.
Elite makes a nice Can for sure.. No quarrels there. Folks were using the elite before we were around but found it a pita to mount etc. Most wanted a plug and p[lay and that's where we stepped in.

That's no good. But thinking about it I think your right Bernie. I did however find 2 part #s P5156019 and P5156020. They are usless since this is not happening. One was silver the other was black both with the blue mopar logo on top. BT has to know why it's not happening since they where trying to work something out right?

If your still looking for a catch can pick one up from BT. Looks good, simple to clean, very easy to install and it's worth the money. + they are a vender on this site so easy to get a hold of.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Thanks for the compliments. Mopar is working out some emission/carb laws right now. Once worked out we hope to be righ back on track. But only time will tell.. BUt the Can they want is the same Can we have been making sense 2007 for the moden Hemi.

Yours shouldn't smoke anymore when you get it back. :D Plus yours is a custom one off.

Bernie, it isn't really an emissions issue persay, it just doesn't recirculate it. It has a filter on the top and it vents it to the atmosphere.
Cool just like the old school puke tanks.

You can actually do the same thing with any brand can. Just plug off the one hose and add a $10.00 filter on the other end.

#13 ·
I have a BT and I am pleased with both how it looks and what it does. When you're emptying out 1/4 to 1/2 a can of oil with every oil change, makes ya thankful you installed it! :D

#17 ·
http://moparonlineparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/3618
Anyone know the release date for the mopar catch can? Website lists it as coming soon and dealership says they can't get it.
View attachment 21619

Contact BT as I do believe they where the ones coming out with this. I think. They said it should of been in the mopar catalog sometime last yr. I'm not 100% on this sorry. But I did see BT post something like this b4. Wouldn't hurt to ask them.

#18 ·
Can't remember where I read it, but the BT Mopar catch can may not happen.

Bernie

#19 ·
That's no good. But thinking about it I think your right Bernie. I did however find 2 part #s P5156019 and P5156020. They are usless since this is not happening. One was silver the other was black both with the blue mopar logo on top. BT has to know why it's not happening since they where trying to work something out right?

If your still looking for a catch can pick one up from BT. Looks good, simple to clean, very easy to install and it's worth the money. + they are a vender on this site so easy to get a hold of.

#21 ·
Well, if you REALLY want to know who makes the best... the answer is we do. Ours don't recirc. back into the intake at all. You'll never get any oil in your intake again. Ours vent to atmosphere. Some people don't care of it though b/c of the environment...... but yet, look at what we drive!

#22 ·
+1....I swapped from my bt and the stage6 can is much more efficient. Checked after 3k miles and barely any oil in the bottom and no residue on my throttlebody or puddles in my intake. Not knocking bt as it is a good catch can for the price and works for the wide range of applications.

#28 ·
The BT can doesnt recirc the oil itself but rather the filtered air back into the Case. A recirc unit such as a crawford Air/Oil seperator actually filteres the oil from the case and drains its back into the oil pan ( ran one of these on my STi as the forged pistons have knarly blow by on cold start ) have since swapped for a custom system similair to Stage6's set up.. I like not having to empty my can : )

#31 ·
BT/Elite

Not picking a winner here, or putting down Stage6, Moroso, or anyone else. Let me speak to BT for a minute here. First of all, we all know the quality of BT's stuff, and their efforts to supply beautiful, functional, "trick" items, and attendant accessories. Function, appearance, and ease of install are all important.

In post # 29, BT nails it. We early guys went with the Elite cause there wasn't much else out there. Mine functions, basically does the job and collects oil. But yeah, do have to dump it, wipe it out, and get rid of the oil as opposed to one with a breather. But it was a pain to mount. My can was designed for a Corvette mount I believe.

Those who bought the Elite, pre-BT etc., had to get the right bolt, space the bracket out for clearance etc. A pain to install. Some of you may remember "Sarge" coming up with a couple of bracket designs to make it easier. If BT was available then I would have gone with them. As usual, when they stepped in, options, mounts, lines etc all improved.

Today, thanks to BT, Stage6 etc, we have options. Like everything else about the WK1, in the early days we had to wait for guys like them to invest time in design, production etc., before bringing stuff to market for us. Thanks to them all.

Here's a few pics of one I use. This was after months and months of fartin around from design to manufacturer. And, I still had to drill hole for mounting. Plus in addition to the can, bracket was another bunch of bucks.

Props to all our vendors here from catch cans, to CAI's, exhausts, turbos etc. Let's support them. I'm sure the WK2 guys are experiencing the same kind of growth patterns in many areas.

#32 ·
Well put Ted. I had the elite can on my 06, the bt on my 08 and I had stage6 do theirs when I got the converter installed. All worked as advertised but for my needs now the stage6 works best. The bt looked great, installed easy, and helped keep a good portion of the oil out of the intake. I simply went with stage6 can because I'm trying to eek every last ounce of performance out of my rig and the less oil in the intake means less chance for knock allowing for every last hp I need for my goal.

#34 ·
Look back to Hawkman's post - that's the Stage 6 catch can.
------
Whether or not the Mopar one makes it out, you could still order from BT and have them do a Mopar "M" on the top. They'll do whatever you want, just has ta ax!

#38 ·
Best place is Billet Technologies
Best price in one on sale, a used one from a member, or pay for a new one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.