Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Whipple with meth injection?

5K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  BOYCHIKS 
#1 ·
I just got my whipple S/c on my 426 back and was thinking, I should've invested in a meth system while doing the build do anyone know how to go about getting one installed on this set up?

#2 · (Edited)
I may be wrong but I'm pretty certain meth and a twin screw supercharger do not work well together...I think it can actually damage the supercharger. This maybe more related to the Maggy but I would check and confirm before you run it. If the Whipple has hardened anodized internals which i think it does, it may not be an issue. I think the Maggy's had a big problem with pitting and breaking down.

Hopefully someone with one can chime it....I'm pretty sure you should run meth "post" blower setup before the intake not "pre" blower directly into the intake for the best results.

Again, I'm not positive about this so hopefully someone with more knowledge can give you exact advice.

I run meth with my supercharger, set to come on at 8lbs...and it works great! I run the Cooling Mist kit plumbed into the washer tank. The low washer fluid warning always gives you the alert when you are running low. Everything is hidden wired into the panel directly under the steering column for easy access and adjustment.

Attachments

#3 ·
I remember Magnacharger saying that you could not spray meth on their Roots blower, so not quite sure how Whipple feels a out this... Call Whipple and see what they say if not do some research on the Internet...

#7 ·
I have a Whipple & just installed Snow stage III meth kit. Not a bad install at all, the instruction's are really straight forward. I used my windshield washers tank to, I called Whipple my self & talk'd to Mike and he said his customers have been using it for years with no problem. I have it start to spray @ 9lbs because at times taking off from a light i see up to 7lbs before 3500 rpm. I just installed it and i'm very impressed with the results!!

#8 ·
I ran Meth injection through the Whipple I had on a previous ride - 2000 Chevy Silverado RC w/5.3 - for over 3 years with no ill effects at all. I never did a tear down or an inspection afterwards, so I can't say for sure if there was any degradation of the lobes. There were quite a few Chevy truck guys running meth through the Whipple units, at least in the 2003-2006 time frame when I followed those kinds of things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.