Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Issues with BWoody End links and Addco Sway Bars and BWoody springs are on...

6K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  TheBRICK 
#1 · (Edited)
My springs came in today... YEAH! So I went over to my buddies shop to have them and my Addco F/R sway bars put on. I had the BWoody End Links put on about 4 or 5 months ago. We got the springs on with no issues... but when we went to do the sway bars, we had bolt issues. Nothing serious guys, but this is a heads up.

On the rear bar, the bolts(and I don't remember if the rear were replaced by BWoody or the front) tightend, but were loose. The bolt was thicker in the middle and the threads weren't really long enough to tighten it up. Luckily, they like many other shops, have plenty of extra bolts in their bolts bin. I think if the threads were about another 1/8" or so towards the head, it would've tightened up.

On the front bar, the issue can be eithers fault really. The mounting bracket holes needed to be enlarged with a die grinder to pass the end link bolt through. Again, I don't remember which bolts come with the BWoody links and which ones were reused, but the BWoody's only come with either front or rear for those who don't know and use the stock bolts on the other. But the bolts were too fat. My guess is Addco needs to tighten up!! :D

Another issue I found on the way home was I have a squeak in the rear end. I believe that they are due to the rear sway bar bushings. Went through WhataBurger and heard it in the parking lot. When I got home, I pushed down on the rear of the truck and you could hear the squeak. Didn't hear it when pushed down on the front. I'm thinking a little silicone or some other "lube" could take care of it. I don't think the sound is coming from the springs, but you never know.

The truck handle's like a FLIPPING CHAMP!! Great ride guys. The addition of the 2 just made it a different truck. It's a 25 or so mile ride home at kinda highway speeds and getting off 95 I usually hit the off ramp at about 65-70 and tonight I hit it at 85 for giggles and it was just a sweet, tight, controlled, smooth exit. Definitely they're fun must do additions.

Now for measurements.....

Before drop.....

Driver Front 32 1/2
Driver Rear 32 1/8
Passenger Front 32 1/2
Passenger Rear 32 1/2

After Drop.....

Driver Front 30 7/8
Driver Rear 30 7/8
Passenger Front 31
Passenger Rear 30 3/4

His shop has a nice driveway which is empty and I did 4 full 1st gear launches taking it up to 2nd for 2 seconds, then got on the brakes hard to try to settle these springs and sways the fun way and to show off a little. Afterwards pulled it in to measure it which is stated above.

Will wash and post pics tomorrow. Gotta look good for pics.... Will post more measurements after some miles on them. DEFINITELY NOT REGRETTING THIS DESCISION!! :D

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Tom.... I was glad to get everything done today. I just happend to call my diesel buddy and he was about to take down his lift b/c they built a new shop. Luckily he told me to come on. About 30 minutes later I would've been outta luck. He did springs and sways for $100.00 and a 12 pack. Couldn't pass that deal up.

#8 ·
$100 bucks for install...dang, I'm being charged over $450 for install and alignment...nowhere in Seattle except one expensive shop...

#15 ·
taht a good ass deal

#5 ·
Going by on Monday to talk with them some more. They moved to a different shop and I have held off for a few so they can get some cars out. Soon grashopper soon. Trust me, no one wants it on more than me.

#13 ·
where do i order the addco sway bars for the jeep, it sounds like i need them with the sway bar inks and the lowering springs.

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.