Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Cheapest Fan Mod!!!

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  NitroCrzy 
#1 ·
I just finished installing my Motorad 180 tstat, my advice to anyone doing this is buy a gallon of Mopar coolant, your gonna need it. Install took about 10 minutes.

After I was done refilling the coolant etc I wanted to see the numbers under the low speed fan relay so I pulled it while the car was running, guess what?
The ECU see's that as a low speed circuit coolant fan failure and turns on the high speed fan relay 100% and yes you get a CEL, thanks Dashhawk for clearing my CEL, this thing has paid for itself 10 times over and even more so mine was FREE!

So there you have the cheapest fan mod, pull the low speed fan relay.

#3 ·
BBLV said:
Is this mod going to cause any problems besides the CEL? Sounds like a good solution to "coolerdown".

No the CEL is to let you know that the ECU is not seeing the preset voltage to and from the relay, hense it turns on the CEL to let you know about the problem.

#4 ·
Inferno SRT8 said:
I just finished installing my Motorad 180 tstat, my advice to anyone doing this is buy a gallon of Mopar coolant, your gonna need it. Install took about 10 minutes.

After I was done refilling the coolant etc I wanted to see the numbers under the low speed fan relay so I pulled it while the car was running, guess what?
The ECU see's that as a low speed circuit coolant fan failure and turns on the high speed fan relay 100% and yes you get a CEL, thanks Dashhawk for clearing my CEL, this thing has paid for itself 10 times over and even more so mine was FREE!

So there you have the cheapest fan mod, pull the low speed fan relay.

Do you need the Dashhawk to clear the CEL? I would hope sticking the relay back in and running for a short time would auto clear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.