Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Cheapest Oil Thread!!

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Cotton Picker 
#1 ·
I know people are always looking for the cheapest oil to do there own oil changes. I figure this is a good spot to start. If you find a good deal online, or in a store please post it in here. It can be for any oil/hole used in our rigs. This can be for the newer models as well. I am not sure what they use.

I was going to start a thread asking if there are any deals out there, but I thought this could help everyone. My apologies if there is already a thread like this. I googled!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
I always use mobil1 fullsyn...and usually get it from wallyworld...just because is kinda convenient while my wife is picking up groceries...

#3 ·
I tried WallyWorld because that is where I got my oil for my SS. It was the cheapest there. They do not have the 0w-40 or anything even close to what I need at my local one. Thanks though.

#4 · (Edited)
hmm I'm gonna have to look at their selection...I have not done an oild change on this one as I've had it for less than a month...do these really need 0w-40? very rare it gets below 15...

#5 ·
Walmart has the Mobil1 0W40 for $6.97 per quart. Cheaper than most places in my area and I believe that is their everday price.

#8 ·
I know that is what the factory recommends, last time I got some for the ss there was a mobil 1 for the foofoo enviromental cars that was 0w-30 and had a green label/cap I believe, but I think if they had that they should have the 40, my question as I should've clarify, would it hurt if it be 30 0r 20, instead of 40, if that's all the local places have on hand...there's nothing but hippies and car nuts in new mexico so they have almost any oil you can think of, I was just looking for an option for pittz since he is limited

#9 ·
Not sure if you have a WK1 or WK2....The WK1 you can put in something besides the 0w-40. I ran 10-30, 0-40,5-40 and 15-50 at times in my WK1. The WK2 needs the 0w-40 (5w-40 works but causes an argument around here :p ) for the cam phaser and MDS in the 6.4

#10 ·
^^ appreciated Naldo

I always run what the factory recommends. Mobil 1 is available, I just have to drive a couple more miles to get it.

I do a lot of Amazon shopping because of free shipping but for the price of Walmarts oil you can not beat it.

#14 ·
Just went yesterday to my walmart...they did not have 0-40 but I was right about the 0-30 it has a green cap lol...now In gotta start driving around to see if I can find it anywhere...

#15 ·
Advance Auto Parts has a monthly oil specials. I use to buy what ever is on sale for years. I now have switched over 100% to Royal Purple. I buy it in bulk 5 gallon pail = 20 quarts.

CP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.