Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Build Time

2K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  WS6TA 
#1 · (Edited)
I just called the 1-800 number to check on my order.

How long does it actually take to build a Jeep? (1 day, 2 days, 12 hours?)

I am in D1 status :D(D1: Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built ) with an estimated ship date of 3/20/09. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the month.:)

I did not think waiting a month would be so difficult. I am sure it will be worth the wait.

Answers Below:

It only takes a couple of days for a Jeep to be built and inspected however in my case it take about a week to hit D1 status. After hitting D1 status it was two weeks before it was actually built. It will then sit around at the factory for a week and eventually be delivered to the dealer.

It took 33 days for the day I placed my order until it arrived, which is within the 4-6 week window.

The Modern Blue looks awesome in the sunlight. I can not wait to take some pics.

See less See more
#2 ·
I just called the 1-800 number to check on my order.

How long does it actually take to build a Jeep? (1 day, 2 days, 12 hours?)

I am in D1 status :D(D1: Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built ) with an estimated ship date of 3/20/09. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the month.:)

I did not think waiting a month would be so difficult. I am sure it will be worth the wait.
I was advised by my salesman NOT to order, due to the complete abortion going on at Chrysler. Typical lead time is 4-6 weeks (for any vehicle), but I wouldn't be suprised if there were MONTHS of delays.

#3 ·
well i dunno about months but the estimate could definitely be increased by like 2-3 weeks id bet. Not to say you couldn't get your beast on schedule ,but with everything thats going on in automotive industry and knowing Chrysler and like chim said, the damn conmen, you will probably not see your best for another 2-3 weeks after the ship date, always factor in delays with big things like this, they just seem inevitable, and usually thats the case. Either way, its worth wait, you'll love it Im sure, shoot ive been waiting 3 years for mine haha and its still going to be worth every second ;) GL w/ rig, pics/vid once you get it haha

#4 ·
Ship date was moved back over the weekend to 3/23/09, but it is in "G" staus, which means it has a frame, has been painted and is now in trim.

I think :D I might have it by the end of the month.

I can not wait, I have not even driven one yet.:eek:

#5 ·
i have been tracking mine also. when in paint ,the ship date was march
20. on the 20th i called and they said it is completed and in kz status,
that is awaiting shipment , but no firm shipping date. i was told to contact
my dealer because they have access to more info. i do that soon. hope you
and i get ours soon ,the weather is getting better and im getting antsy.i ordered mine on feb 26.

#6 · (Edited)
The dealer emailed me today. My Jeep has been built, but it has not shipped. The dealer is not far from the plant (couple of hour drive). How many days does it take to ship a Jeep less than 150 miles? Hopefully the answer is less than three.

I would like to pick it up on Saturday. :D

This Friday will be 4 weeks from the date I ordered, however I do not think the dealer processed my order until the following Monday.

#8 ·
i talked to the dealer today and they said once completed it could sit in the lot untill the train has enough cars going to a certain area. then once at the regional dist. center it may sit again untill there is enough cars going to a certain area, then they will go by truck. in my case detroit, to ny , to conn.
in your case maybe it would be just by truck detroit to your dealer.

#9 ·
What color did you order. I appears are Jeeps were built at the same time. They normally run colors together.

It sounds like it might take a week for your to show up. I hope since the plant is so close to the dealer, they will put it on a truck and it will get to the dealer by Friday or Saturday.

I would pick it up if I could.:D

#15 ·
I ordered blue since the guy down the road has a silver one that I see every day. The blue is rare, I hope it is not a pain to keep clean. My last two vehicles were silver since it is easy to keep clean.

My Jeep will have all options except groupII. I wanted the HID's but I could not justify the 2k for group II. We had the DVD in our last Jeep and only used it once in two and a half years.

#12 ·
I picked up my 2009 on Tuesday. My dealer said some customers wanted to take it for a test drive before I picked it up, but my salesman said hell no, this customer special ordered this Jeep and put a deposit down. I let him know I appreciated him not letting someone take my Jeep for a joy ride. Just tell them they are probably the fastest thing you have ever driven.

#16 ·
i got a call at work this morning , it was the dealer . a truck just pulled into the lot and was unloading . the first one off a silver srt8 ,mine. i left work right away. i told them when i ordered it, when it arrives do the pdi nothing else. dont unwrap it, dont detail it i will spend the weekend detailing it. i moved cars around in the garage ,it fits perfect. any word on yours ,you should have gotten yours sooner than me you live closer

#18 ·
What a nice gift to have it arrive on a Friday. Hopefully the weather will be nice.:D

Did they put the license plate bracket on? I know it is petty, but that was one of the reasons I did not buy the black one last month and ordered instead.

#19 ·
maybe you picked yours up today, if not it will show up monday. i took mine home as it came off the truck, no licence bracket installed all wrapings as is all stickers still on. all they did was the pdi inspection. i spent fri, sat washing ,polishing,waxing. sun i will install the mopar cai kit , cabin air filter and it will be ready to roll.

#20 ·
Excellent prediction on it arriving Monday.

My Jeep showed up at the dealership late in the afternoon yesterday. No pics yet, it was dark by the time I arrived home.

So far I have driven it 10 miles. It feels a lot different than my Charger R&T. I can not wait for the 300 mile break in period to be over.:D:D:D

#22 ·
congrats,i am sure it was worth the wait. it was for me. i only have 50 mi so far and i am going easy for the break in but this thing is a hoot. how do you like the blue? my dealer got in a couple of laredo's in blue, it looks nice in the sun. sunday i installed the mopar cai, cabin air filter,locking gas cap, wheel locks. i like factory stuff it fits. no aftermarket parts for me. half the time the parts fit like crap, made out of poor quality materials, or worse made who knows where. i am keeping it stock, my 05 gto is stock also except for a k&n cai. that was the first aftermarket part i was happy with.

#23 ·
Only 100 miles so far for me. I love the Blue, in the sunlight it looks amazing.

I will post pics when I wash it. It is dirty already. I am definately glad I waited and ordered what I wanted. I like seeing my name on the window sticker as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.