Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Castrol Raceway 2014

66K views 1K replies 24 participants last post by  CraigA 
#1 ·
Well another season is upon us boys.

It looks like the first meet is coming together for May 30th. I'm going to try to make it out.

We have a lot of new guys that need to come out to test out their rigs. Remember it's all for fun, doesn't matter who the fastest is, stock is totally cool.

Who is going? Let's hear you!

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks man ^^^

Yes it would be nice to see a bunch of the guys head out for a change and take over the strip.

Come on guys I know you're out there, who's in for May 30th?

MattSRT4 - 2008 Edm/St. Alb- I'm in (I'll run if the rig is ready)
Roadboy - 2008 Cal
Chevsux - 2008 Cal
mrsatellite - 2007 Cal
LAFNGAS - 2009 Red Deer
gitrdun - 2009 Ft. Mac
YYCSRT8 - 2009 Cal
Wintermute - 2010 Cal
poutine - 2009 Edm/St. Alb
Tim H - 2007 Cal
Mikea123 - 2009 Edm/St. Alb
brdaun - 2006 Edm
Status - 2007 Edm
2010jgcsrt8edm - 2010 Edm
srt8 suns - 2010 - Edm
SRT_OCHO - 2014 Edm/Spr.Grv
XS-cash - 2014 Edm
DKT - 2007 Edm

I know there are lots more. Everyone kindly let us know if you can make it. I for one would love to see some WK2's run too!

#5 ·
Friday pump goes in, Saturday news shoes go on. I should be ready. If weather is nice, I'll throw on the mesh filter for a bit of extra boost, maybe fry the trans. Lol

#6 ·
I work 2 weeks on + 1 week off, im home the week of the 19th to 24 th , or else I would be there , wonder what my stock 14 would do .
ive been out to Castrol a few times , mostly for super chevy Saturdays , I also have a 04 chev ssr , but I will try to get the srt out there this year.

does anybody here go to whiteoaks or timmies oncalgary trail by united cycle on fri or sat nites ???? cause I do when im home .

#7 ·
I work 2 weeks on + 1 week off, im home the week of the 19th to 24 th , or else I would be there , wonder what my stock 14 would do .

ive been out to Castrol a few times , mostly for super chevy Saturdays , I also have a 04 chev ssr , but I will try to get the srt out there this year.

does anybody here go to whiteoaks or timmies oncalgary trail by united cycle on fri or sat nites ???? cause I do when im home .

Awesome I hope you make it out I would love to see a 2014 run.
I've driven by the Timmys once in a while on Friday or even Saturday nights. I never notice any other jeeps. And it's tough for me to get out at night but once in a while I do though.

#8 ·
Ive never been to castrol lol how does it work/cost etc,I'm hoping to make it but i work Fridays what time is this happening.Any info is appreciated.Hoping for a high 12 lol.I run hankook ventus 275/40/r20s do you guys think i should have mentioned that to Johan i just thought about that and those are the tires that came with it.I have to do a log to check out if any knk there was alittle short term in my last one but Johan said not to worry about it? Is this correct? Anyway hope to make it, Id like to meet you all and check out your rigs.Id need a helmet, correct?

#11 ·
Yes a small amount of ST knock can show as long as it's a really small amount it's usually nothing at all to worry about. Bottom line is trust Johan he keeps things fast and safe.
As for Castrol it's really easy, yes you do need a helmet, the cost is $30 to race.
There some more details here on the website:

castrolraceway.com/index.php?mo=pages&p_id=27

As for high 12's what are your mods again?
Most stock ones up here are going to run high 13s at probably just under 100 miles an hour. Most guys with a solid tune and maybe a CAI are probably going to run mid to lower 13's.
Poutine I know for one can run high 12's and I believe he has a cam cold air, headers and a few other minor things.

Reactions: 2010jcsrt8edm
#12 ·
Yeah it usually takes at least a cam to get high 12's
The rent helmets for $5 if you don't have one (crappy helmets though). Also if it's warm, don't wear shorts. Long pants are a must. Tires won't make a difference in tune and if he says your good then trust it. Best I've seen with your mods is 13.2 from Craig but he had an underdrive pulley too.

#13 ·
Oh okay guess i was a bit high on the expectation a mid 13 then will be the mark.

#14 ·
Don't be discouraged by the numbers nothing really hits magazine numbers at our track. They are always a few miles per hour slower and a few tenths as well.
So just because you run say a 13.5 doesn't mean some other dude who is driving a vehicle faster on paper will beat you. He will be slower too. It's normal

#15 ·
Yup this is true, there's not much that takes me from light to light anyways in Edmonton,except that dang yellow superbee lol the one that got away ha ha.I think he was super charged and the silver super charged jeep but they were the only ones to hand me my @ss so far lol.Oh yeah forgot to add on kill of day Alberta i smoked a 350z on whitemud on Monday ha ha.:D

#16 ·
Nice!
Yeah very little can beat our rigs from a dig.
With the Vortech so far nothing has walked me in first through second.

Now I just watch for GTR's and 911 turbos, those are serious from a dig and it's a drivers race through the first couple gears anyway before they'd walk away.

#17 ·
Yeah its weird to, since you beat that one gtr, Ive seen 3 in Edmonton.I have to admit tho Id love to own one some day.

#20 ·
Did you end up pulling the trigger on the trinity or intune?
that and a Johan tune trust me you'd be happy.

#25 ·
Ha ha man you're just like me. Set realistic goals that are attainable then you won't have to worry about being disappointed!

I did that when I first went to the track with the supercharger. I'm all about realistic goals now I had plenty of years of disappointment before that with other cars lol
How fast did you get your SRT-4 to run Poutine?
I couldn't even break into the 12's in mine with all that power it was hilarious. My traps were about 116mph though with 2.4 60's! Hahah I sure don't miss launching that neon.

#26 ·
I went to the track with the procharger hoping for a 12.5. I got a 12.3. It's so much more fun keeping expectations low.

#27 ·
by the grace of god, i miiiiiiiiiiiiiiight have my jeep JUST together and running, i leave next wednesday and wont be back until the end of june.

jeep will be running the same setup but this year is a fully ported intake manifold/90mm combo and an electronic boost controller running 8psi. gonna also get some dyno #'s and see how ballsy i get with race fuel and probably bump it to 12psi for when the track comes.

lets line up something for june 27th/july 4?

#29 ·
I might be able to make it for May 30th, I'm on holidays that week, I might go to the coast.
I haven't done anything to my jeep since last year, but it'll be good just to run it a couple times.
As for July 4th that's the start of the Rocky Mountain nationals.

#32 ·
My buddy has a c63 and did exhuast/cutouts, headers, 180 thermostat, carbon fibre air inlet system and a mhp/custom tune. The c63 Amg has 395 rear wheel horsepower on the dyno sheets stock, after all the modifications as listed above, the c63 is now pushing shy over 470 rear wheel horsepower!!! How come we can't get that kind of performance with the same mods as the c63 or can we? I kno the amg 6.2 Lr engine is detuined from factory for the c63, with 455 horsepower stock as the e63 uses the same engine with 505 hp stock. Hmm it's interesting seeing what kind of performance some vehicles can make with bolt ons.

#33 ·
It was my understanding that they were detuned from the factory as well so that may play a role a bit.
I think it's pretty typical to get 25 to 30 horse to the wheels with a set of headers depending on the combination.
For a tune you can absolutely pick up probably close to the same over a
factory deal probably 20 maybe 30 WHP. Add on an air intake sure I could see some substantial gains it's not that far off of our rigs.
I heard ours make around 370ish to the wheels in stock trim.
All I was saying with headers is that the juice sometimes isn't worth the squeeze. This is one of the reasons I haven't done them yet. For me to make another 30 horsepower or so and have to drop way over $3000 it's just not worth it for me. For me being supercharged the headers will drop my boost because it will lower my back pressure. Which means I would probably have to pulley up again just to get back to the boost level I was previously at to see the real gains.

If you got a cold air intake and a custom tune I bet you could easily make another 30 to your wheels.
Which should put you over 400. And the whole deal would cost you probably 500 bucks or so depending.
Your buddy did headers as well and if you did headers you can add-on another 25 to 30 hp on top of that and you're looking at 50 to 60whp right there so it's not way off.
The problem is doing headers on our rigs is very expensive. I looked into it many times I've also looked into doing a cam....huge dollars.
Now you probably realize why I went forced induction! Lol

#35 ·
Yeah Mike and I was just going to say you have a crap load of friends with serious rides that's a WK2 SRT8, Mercedes AMG, and Lexus ISF?
You got to get those guys to come out lol
I only have a few friends with serious cars. I have one guy who drives a C6 Vette in the summer and he drives an SRT-4 in the winter. Another buddy of mine has a 2001 Mustang Cobra with a procharger. Another buddy is currently building his 1974 Dodge Demon up and another friend of mine who I don't see as often has a low 11 second 2003 Mustang GT that is also Procharged.
You got to get those guys to come out like Brad says lol

Reactions: Mikea123
#38 ·
srt8 suns
Have you decided which route your going to take?
I wouldn't want to end up buying the MTCM if you were going after it without seeing if you wanted it first.
If anyone else wants it better snatch it up soon lol.
Because Ill be coming for it soon Matt.

#39 · (Edited)
not sure why theres such a hype of the tcm, if youre boosted/making more power perhaps but otherwise i dont see the point

get those car guys to come out for a night, really hoping the end of june or early july we can all have a meet at the track

#40 ·
Yeah i know it's probably not going to do wonders but would be nice to have if i do end up fi some day.
And yeah I have texted him about castrol to no reply.Ill keep trying tho.(2010 E63 AMG)

#41 ·
i leave for work this wednesday then back end of june so hoping i can get it together and ready to go asap so i can have it ready for the street legals when im home

#42 ·
Yeah I'd like to see your race.I;d imagine there aren't to many tt jeeps around here lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.