Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

The.... "I have a dumb WK1 question" thread.

271K views 2K replies 231 participants last post by  darkseazg 
#1 ·
I have been noticing a lot of new people on the forum in the past 6 months. The point of this thread is a place for you guys to post questions that you may think are dumb. If you guys want to know something about the Jeep and can't find it using the "search" feature, post it up in here and someone will come to your rescue without biting off your head.;) Maybe Bernie can even make it a sticky and even make one of these for the "PERFORMANCE" section too. Just a thought. Ask away guys/gals......

#60 ·
I got this....umm....burning sensation in the lower region. What do you think it could be???

#61 · (Edited)
it depends on what section of the lower region... it could be gono or dia you pick which of the rheas lol

#63 ·
#64 ·
Casa jeep they also told me they couldn't duplicate the vibration at 75-85 cause it was over speed limit so they couldn't do anything...they just kept adding weights to the wheels

#67 ·
Where can i buy a new Steering wheel for my jeep?

#68 ·
Help me out guys, where's the best place to look for a 2010 steering wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#77 ·
#80 ·
Does the brand of gas really matter...or are you just paying for the location of the gas station and the brand name?

I live in Nor Cal and the big brand names up here are chevron, shell, arco. Should I be paying the extra money to go to chevron/shell for my gas rather than a cheaper mom and pop gas station, arco or costco?

#82 ·
Yes. Different stations have better octane. Ol Jim383 can chime in on this one. He's the gas master. For the best performance you want the best gas. If you're just driving around and cruising, not really a big deal IMO. I get gas at allsups for daily driving, and SHELL for when i plan to race etc. I dont really have good stations here where i live.

#83 ·
#84 ·
Yes the brand does matter. The gas technically is all the same but each brand uses their own detergents. The better gas Shell/Exxon/Chevron/Sunoco will have less knock then the cheap gas will Costco/Sinclair/Safeway etc.

#87 ·
I want to open my own...Nal Gas Station.... and yeah Mark's casa is a bit ridiculous...

#88 ·
What is the best way to launch when at the dragstrip?

a) load up on the converter with just enough throttle then mash it?
b) load up on the converter at full throttle then release the brake?
c) launch at idle ?
d) ???

#90 ·
I'll try that next time I test the 0-60 hopefully it wont be a big fail like last times 6.4 lol

#91 ·
What mods you got? The 6.4s was in Albuquerque right?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#92 · (Edited)
The back road to the house...only thing I got so far is the trinity 91 tune but I can't remember if it was installed when I tried it lol

#93 · (Edited)
the time does seem slow for this time of year in Albuquerque. IIRC I'd be mid 5's with my WK1 with Johan tune, exhaust, cai.

#94 ·
As the forum wont let me search 'Oil' - what is the correct engine oil i should be using in my WK1 with Johan Tune and aftermarket CAI.

Thanks !!

Dean.

#96 ·
...I gotta try again I had a passenger that's about 230 lbs and a full tank then my fat ass is 195...I'll try again this weekend since I'm finally off this weekend hopefully it's somewhat warm too so I can clean the wheels

#97 ·
My WK2 best is a 5.0s 0-60 a couple weeks ago in Albuquerque. Usually I'm still about mid 5's with the WK2 with the weather warming back up.

#98 ·
might be doing the x-pipe if I can find one locally for cheap...

#100 ·
Are the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel suppost to light up at night? Mine never have and I'm curious if there is bulbs behind the buttons that are burnt out or do they not have bulbs? My A/C cluster lights are dim in some places so I'm curious if the same went on with the steering wheel. Thanks guys

#102 ·
I asked this a while back and the answer is no they don't light up. Also those A/C go out routinely.

#103 ·
Is there a cam I can use where I don't have make a lot of modifications to the engine? Is there one I can just install and go without worry.

#107 ·
Yes there are. But should you? You should also change your valve springs, retainers, pushrods. It's just added piece of mind and safety.

Reactions: bxcharger