Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

W2K under $50K

10K views 66 replies 29 participants last post by  Kim910 
#1 ·
Lowest I've seen on cars.com is $50,990 with 19K miles. If the 2014 model has some creditable improvements I could see 2012's in the mid/high $40's in a year or so. What do you guys think?

#2 ·
If the 6.2 SC comes out and has the 8 speed tranny and new nav., I expect to see the 12 abd 13's in the low 40's maybe even high 30's. Sucks for resale when the next model out performs the old one. Thank god the WK2 is so slow, my resale is still great! :D hahaha!

#3 ·
If I could get a W2K in the low/mid 40's and bolt-on/ tune it to low $12's, I would be happy.

I can't see how the 12s and 13s would keep their value, if the 2014's come with over 500hp, optional center exhaust, better wheels (possibly a 22" option), upgraded nav and an 8spd trans (some of those are just a wish list).

#4 · (Edited)
This doesn't answer your question but...

To me with that many miles the savings aren't worth it. If you shop around a new one can still be had for close to $60k if not a little less. My goal is to buy the 2014 with less than 2k miles so I can avoid the sales tax.

#5 ·
I don't know how some of you guys are coming up with these ridiculous numbers! ......$20K+ drop in resale value for a car released less than a year ago?!!......what are you guys smokin?! ....what are we talking about here?....a Pinto?!!

....if you guys think you can get a 2012 WK2 for $40K, keep on dreamin....and smokin.

#6 ·
agree, wishful thinking. look at the WK1 when the WK2 came out, the price didn't drop to that extreme and IMO WK2 is a more refined vehicle..

#7 ·
I notice both you guys have w2k's so there may be some biased opinion there. If there is one listed at $51K, about $12K off sticker already in a year, I could see 12's coming down to mid/high $40k's with mileage over 15K once the 2014's come out. Just a prediction, but we will see.

#9 ·
That's my 2012 that I sold 2 weeks ago. Why would anyone in there right mind buy a used one with 20k(I traded it with 19950) miles for 50k, when I paid 57k for it new? My local dealer is selling a new 2012 for 58k right now. 2012+ will hold there values for awhile since newer one's will eventually hit 70k.

#12 ·
my dealers too, theres no doubt that by this time next year, the 2012s will be under 50k

#31 · (Edited)
Ok homeboy! Is that better douche magoosh!
Homeboy?!.....douche magoosh?!....Impressive use of the English language there, junior.....Is there anything you can say besides "ghetto-ese." :rolleyes::p

#40 ·
Homeboy?!.....douche magoosh?!....Impressive use of the English language there, junior.....Is there anything you can say besides "ghetto-ese." :rolleyes::p
Sorry, I had no idea you were so proper. Want some tea and crumpets? :D I have nothing more to say to an ignorant idiot such as yourself. Go back to the Porsche world, because you obviously belong there.

My bad King monkey, I'm done now.

#16 ·
It all depends on rates, loan length, down payment, and if a vehicle was traded in on it (positive or negative equity). You could have a payment fall anywhere from $1 to probably around $1500 a month. I would take a wild guess most fall somewhere between $600-900 a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#23 ·
Also if you go by the predictive value of a 2012 with no options from Kelly Blue Book, it is predicted that a one year old 2012 with 15,000 miles will be $36,693, which may be lower than I would predict, but these guys might know what they are talking about.
I just don't see a WK2 holding value like the WK1 due to its high initial selling price and less of a demand as a performance platform. I would venture to guess that 2010 WK1's will be of higher resale about 18 -24 months from now.
Now I am not a WK2 basher, as eventually I will make the leap to that platform if and only if the release of tuning ushers in the spread of performance parts for both the N/A and F/I applications that are dependable and proven.

#27 ·
Yeah, I love the WK2 as a car for the wife and I'll get one for her soon enough, but I'll never be walking on my WK1 because of the name that they hold.

#32 ·
Hey guys ... This is a Jeep SRT8 forum. The Apple guys are on a different site. They beat each other up over crap like this ... Let's not go there! The SRT is a cool, fun ride. It's not an investment. Just enjoy the ride and the fellowship ... And let the iCrap stop.

#33 ·
09/20/12 CHICAGO Regular $52,000 3,137 Avg Silver 8CY A Yes
09/27/12 PA Regular $55,000 5,669 Above Black 8CY A Yes
09/27/12 PA Regular $51,700 8,392 Avg SILVER 8G P Yes
10/02/12 DETROIT Factory $48,000 14,264 Avg SILVER 8G A Yes
10/04/12 PHOENIX Regular $48,500 10,532 Avg BLACK 8G A Yes
10/16/12 ARENA IL Regular $49,400 11,959 Avg BLACK 8G A Yes

#38 ·
Like another member I paid 58k.I don't buy cars as investments and I hope you guys don't either.I think if you are waiting to buy them at 30-40k it's best you buy a Fiat 500 Abarth now.There are people here that were very upset about the high dollar cost when the WK2 SRT8 was released I guess they are still upset and complaining.If the SC comes out at 80k I will buy it.The next choice is the BMW X5M 92k or the Porsche Cayenne Turbo 127k ,I think both are high and I drive mine everyday that's why the WK2 is a bargain.In any event mine will be for sale once I buy the WK2 SRT8 SC'ed so save or $$$ or get that Fiat.

#41 ·
I bought my '09 wk1 srt8 for $35k (Msrp of $49k). I sold it after 40 months and 34k miles for $35k. I did not buy for resale, but I lucked out. I planned to buy a wk2 srt8, but did not since it was $65k instead of $50k.

I just received the $3k discount card for a 300. With this and EE discount I think I can pick one up for ~$42k. If I could buy a new Jeep for $42k I would. The 300 is one nice car for the $. I think in 3 yrs it will be worth $27k. $5k per yr in depreciation is not too bad. I think with a selling price of $58k on a $65k Jeep the depr will be $8k per year selling price of $34k after 3 yrs

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#45 ·
Alright, I was at work when I was alerted to this thread. Not much I could do at that time other than to close the thread. I'm home now and will reopen it providing the insults stop.

No problem discussing differing opinions, but when it resorts to name calling, personal attacks and insults to make a point it tells me you are unable to to defend your position in a meaningful manner. A little pompous-like swill going on here too that would be better suited on a Porsche/BMW board while sipping on Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge brandy and snacking on dog shit sandwiches.

Bernie

#46 ·
bernie is right. really just opinions. no one can really know what the price will be at some point in the future until that point arrives. until then, we can only speculate. however, I can say one thing for certain and that is the enjoyment i get when i sit in the driver seat everyday is priceless....

#47 ·
When is all this going to stop (WK1 vs. WK2)? There all SRT products! This is my 3rd(2012 Jeep) I love it! I had a 08 SRT Caliber + a 09 Jeep SRT. I traded both in for my 12, which I purchased for $55k brand new. Best decision I ever made! Your always gonna lose on a car if you keep it for a year or two then trade it. That's just how it is + that pertains to any car! You should see people losing their shirts on Bentley's, Benz's + BMW'S! The WK2 is a great truck when you look at what its competition is! I won't trade mine until they talk of the WK3 SRT!

#48 ·
Oh man... If anybody wants to squabble over this stuff, spare a thought for folk outside the US - My WK2 has now landed in Oz and picking up from dealer next week or so... USD$95,600 on road.

That excludes comp insurance (1st quote was USD$4,700 - But now found about half that). Then add in the 22s, Vreds, Eibachs, Borla, CAI, Catch can, impending Trinity and we're waaay over USD$100k. But that's still half the price of an equivalent Euro SUV here and can't bloody WAIT!:D

#49 ·
Been going to various Jeep dealers in the Detroit area and
have seen loaded demos with 6k on the clock wanting 62+K.
No negotiations take it or leave it.
Saw a '13 Vapor loaded at $68k plus Tax and license. Sharp
vehicle. I did not know that Jeep has suspended orders fo all
GC '13s and is doing a remodel that will include front and rear
fascias and be a 2014 model. I assume it will come with a 8 speed
tranny but not sure. What changes to the SRT8 will be are a guess
but a loaded one will probably go over 70k sticker. A true sobering
thought. Should have never sold my '07 srt8 for a Raptor which is a
nice truck but no srt.
Craig

#50 ·
Availability of 2012 models

Synoil ... You could be right about not being able to order any 2012 SRT8's, but I suspect the restriction is only on the Vapor and Alpine models. There was a 400 unit production of each, and they were ordered out almost immediately. This is why some dealers are adopting a "take it or leave it" attitude regarding pricing on these two models. I do think there is an 8 speed in the future, but not for the 2014 model ... More likely to be a 2015 thing. I think the 2014 will be basically unchanged from the 2012. Go for a "regular" SRT8 and debadge it ... You'll have a very nice ride that most dealers will negotiate on.:cool:

#51 ·
I bought a new 2012 SRT8 in Nov 2011 for $61K OTD, drove it for a year, put 13K miles on it and sold it for $55K in Oct 2012. I think I did a good thing, cant wait to roll in my 2014 soon! I sold while the price was high, if i waited a few more months i think the sell price would have dropped to under $50K... I know.... what a dbag for buying it and selling it not even a year later but after hearing about all the goodies on the 2014 i had to sell..

#55 ·
Hahaha! Looks like my wife will get her Jeep she wants for under $50k. I'm sure Kim and his awesome logic will chime in soon with some BS about how its not legit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.