Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Official - 2014 SRT8 Wish List - SRT8 Engineers Take Notice

14K views 58 replies 42 participants last post by  mubai 
#1 ·
I'm waiting to pull the trigger on an SRT8 JC when the Re-Freshed 2014 Arrives. We all know it's gonna have an 8-speed and an Enormous Screen in the dash but what else would you like to see.

I'll start things off.

1. Matte Paint Option

2. Black Headliner like the Charger SRT8

3. Chrome-Delete Option for Exterior Trim or possibly swap the chrome for "brushed" to match wheel finish

4. 22" better looking OEM wheels.

Chime in with what you think should be added and let's get some of these ideas over to the SRT8 engineers and make some "wishes" become reality.

#2 ·
Flux capacitor.

Um center exhaust.

#6 ·
I'm still waiting, that's my one of my biggest complaints right now. I need to mod now...

The one thing I would of liked also is the option for a tow hitch or center exhaust. It's nice to have a hitch but it should be left to the buyer if they want to keep the tradition for the center exhaust.

#4 ·
1) No blobs in the paint
2) No body panel issues, like front bumper pulling out and fender well imperfections
3) No carbon fiber interior trim issues

I guess you could sum it up and say "better quality control". Current level of QC is a disappointment-we've had these small issues on both of our SRT8's.

#7 ·
I would like to see:
Debadging option.
Black Wheels. I can't speak to the black chrome wheels until I see one in person on a WK2.
Steel Blue as a color option.:cool:
Fix all of the issues that the 2012 has.:D
DVD screens in the head rests. My girls will like that!
Center exhaust. We have beat this one to death already.
More hp/same price.
and finally - The ability to drive over a moose. Ha!!! JK!!!:eek:

#9 ·
lol! you guys crack me up. this is like the hopes and dreams thread. Kinda like hitting the 100 million lotto jackpot. However, M5biemer has a good point, at least make the quality better out of a 65k vehicle. i probably would have returned it with some of the issues you guys are having. and the fact you cant tune it!? complete BS. how is it diablo is already tuning the 2013 gt500 and the 2013 ZR1. but we cant crack the code on the 2012 jeep srt8. complete BS if you ask me. Seems like ford and chevy want their customers to modify their vehicles as they see fit, and chrysler only wants you to modify it when and how they see fit.

#10 ·
How about having the keyless entry system also lock the vehicle when you leave it after 5-10seconds.. Like the CTS does. Also add a keyless entry pad on the tailgate.

#11 ·
Im pretty easy.

1. I want a seat with a bottom cushion that is wide enough for my ass and maybe a tad more padding as well.
2. I want a flaw free front Fascia
3. I want bigger power.
4. I would even be happy with a 6 speed instead of the 8 (if we had to)
5. TWO WHEEL DRIVE OPTION!

#13 ·
Pretty much everything here is covered.

Don't forget power folding mirrors. Only SUV I know of in that price range without them.

Let me amend the list with REALISTIC 2014 wishes, as in things that could and should happen, easily:
1. New head unit - check
2. 6 or 8 speed - pretty sure it's happening
3. Factory support for aftermarket tuners
4. Alcantra headliner option
5. Head rest screens DVD package for Pano models
6. More paint colors
7. OEM 22s like the one lap vehicle had
8. Two-toned interior options
9. Spare tire and tow delete with center exhaust. At the very least a Mopar add on for those who did the tire/tow delete
10. Chrome delete option

#14 ·
1 change those wheels out!
2 would like to see a better quality interior in regards to finish's and different material used for that type of money
3 more paint options
4 optional 3rd row??? :) (or at least have a durango srt8 with the same powerplant as the jeep)
5 please dont cheap out on the LED tail lights...make somethin unique to the Jeep SRT8 badge that stands out and looks aggressive

#16 · (Edited)
1. Keep the 20's. 22's might look good, but stand by to be very disappointed on the track, increase in unsprung weight, ridiculously low aspect ratio, you aren't going to hook whatsoever, and God help you if they're run flats. Ditch the gimmicky WK2 wheels and go with something classy and sharp, with a black chrome option similar to whats on the 300C. Forged one-piece aluminums from ALCOA, and factory 315 steamrollers on the back. NO RUN FLATS... all season Z-rated radials please from anyone but Goodyear.

2. Ceramic brake compound to eliminate the brake dust issue. Factory slotted rotors. Pick a brake caliper color and stick with it, switching from Black to red all the time is pointless.

3. Matte paint not going to happen, instead 6 standard colors is perfectly acceptbale. Black, White, Grey, Red, Blue, Silver... should make most everyone happy.

4. Instead of all these "chrome delete options" everyone is talking about, just resyle the 2014 and mute-out the Chrome. Nobody likes the Chromapalooza.

5. Pano Roof option should come standard with headrest LCD monitors, thats a no-brainer, shame on SRT for not doing this.

6. Engine, it better darn well tear the X5M a new azzhole in the 1/4 mile. S/C 392 with forged crank, forged rods (GET RID of those ridiculous powdered metal things), and Forged pistons with extra thickness in the first ring land. 8 quart oil capacity with the HD oil cooler you use on the Ram 1-tons. For the S/C, use a true twin-screw design, not the cheap roots blower you KNOW they're looking at from Eaton. Use a liquid-to-air intercooler and make sure you leave a LOT of room in the chin-intake for bigger heat exchanger units. High IAT's will really ruin your day during the hot weather testing. Target power needs to be 590hp/580tq at a very modest 7psi and 9.5:1 compression. Use the 8-speed thats coming but change out the pumpkins to 3:90:1 in order to get her down the track in under 12.5 E/T while maintaining CAFE standards.

7. Revise the factory exhaust, its ridiculous, just redo it and contract someone with more than half a brain stem from Borla if you can't seem to get it right. I have a piece of advice for you: DUAL CENTER EXHAUST (twin 5" rolled aluminum tips), with a THRU-BUMPER cutout for a Class III receiver.

8. Bigger NAV screen to keep the Ipad generation happy.

9. Manual rear diff lock button.

10. Transfer case unlock as a secondary function of "T/C off", i.e. a 2WD mode. I dont care how many yellow lights you have to flash on the display, we want a true 2WD mode for burnouts.

11. LAUNCH MODE. Yes, YOU CAN DO IT. Get rid of one of those dorky "snow mode" or whatever settings on the center cluster rheostat, and replace it with a launch mode. Here's my suggestion. A) Brake pedel, depress B) Shift the gear selector to full down to "L" for Launch. C) Center rheostat to "Launch Mode". D) Accelerator full down E) Brake release. When these steps occur, the truck uses a the factory PCM to limit (two step) revs to preset limit, while the TCM defaults to an ideal stall and line pressure, transfer case locks center differential, and rear electronic diff locks. Once it shifts out of 2nd gear, all launch-mode parameters default to normal tables and you are back in "D", even though the gear selector is in "L". Your target 60' in factory Launch mode should be at most 1.6 seconds.

12. Power folding mirrors

13. Heads-up display. If corvette could do it 10 years ago, something tells me you can muster the mustard.

14. PRICE.... Base MSRP of $58K, and that includes the NAV unit.

#49 ·
Nice write up...but...

I agree with everything you laid out here.... everything but the unrealistic pricing you ended with in point 14! Come on man, you listed some great stuff here, don't you believe in the old adage "you get what you pay for"???

To get all this in the next gen product, I would be fine with the price staying where it is now. I don't want them shoehorning all this is and cutting corners which can only lead to a dissatisfied customer in the end.

#18 ·
I am going to wait for the 2014 model.

I am only waiting for 1 known change and hoping for 2 more.

Are you saying you want "Hope and Change" ??? :lol:

#19 ·
So you expect X5M performance, more features, better NAV, 8-sp, and all the trimmings for $58K?!

Some of you guys need to seriously wake up. This is America.....no free lunch. Expect $65K minimum base for all that.

If you want X5M at a Walmart price, keep shopping. :rolleyes:

#20 ·
#21 ·
Factory 570 HP minimum.
Period.
As far as I'm concerned, the rest of the stuff on the 2010 is just fine so I couldn't care less about fancier wheels, fancier radio, etc. And 5 speeds in the transmission is plenty.

#23 ·
1. Much more power. Needs to be up there with the GT500 & Camaro ZR1
2. Minimum 6 speed transmission
3. A bumper that stays on the damn truck.
4. Drilled & Slotted rotors
5. A head unit that's worth a damn. The one in this WK2 truck sucks & so does the the new ones in the Chargers/300's. (my wife has the new 300C and her radio is garbage also)
6. A much more aggressive sounding exhaust.
7. LAUNCH CONTROL, LAUNCH CONTROL, LAUNCH CONTROL
8. folding mirrors
9. LED everything
10. Stock 180 T-Stat
11. Tuning
I can go on for days!!!!!!

#24 ·

#25 · (Edited)
1) Not having to read about it for nearly a year waiting for order arrival in Australia... ;):p
2) That is all :huh: (*Still waiting, and couple of months still to go - No price even* :()

But seriously, the tuning ability has got to be the main thing. Look at Toyata/Subaru bringing a car purpose-built to modify. Turbo-ready engine, door handles moved to allow rollbar, computer for tuning, headrests reversible for helmet, etc etc. QC niggles suck, but is definitely improving, so is a no-brainer anyway.

#26 ·
I seriously doubt we will see a power increase in the Jeep SRT8 for a while. The focus seems to be on the 6.2L supercharged rumor and it isn't even slated for the WK in the documents rumored to be from within Chrysler.

I have to agree with the comments on the front bumper that stays on the vehicle. I looked at a 2012 yesterday, used at a great price, and found the bumper starting to pop....

#27 ·
Im simple...

More than 5 gears.
More power.

Im glad there is a hitch now instead of the center exhaust. I know the center looks better but i want to use mine as an suv. Is there no way for the aftermarket to make an exhaust go out the center for you guys? Sorry havent been keeping up with it.

^^ I also agree that you guys are asking for an awful lot for a 58k base price. If it gets reliable power increase, tranny increase, and keeps the current interior im willing to pay for it.

Lastly, i dont see why you guys are concerned with headrest monitors, bigger/better nav screens, and wheels. Those seem like easy aftermarkent fixes to me.

#29 ·
People need to separate realistic wish lists from unrealistic. I posted a realistic wishlist. If we are going to post super unrealistic then the vehicle is going to cost $90k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.