Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Get your thoughts on this...

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  DevssrT 
#1 ·
I am putting the BWoody 4" on in the next couple of days and will add Andy's CMR tune as well. After that I am unsure where to go and try to keep it as "sleeper"ish more to the wife than anything.

I am thinking of adding headers (1 7/8" LTs with 300cpi metallic substrate cats from SW) to the Jeep; however I am unsure on a couple of things.

Need to keep the overall sound as close to stock as possible, the wife is not fond of "loud" cars. By adding the headers if I keep the stock exhaust from there back what will happen to the power/sound/additions, etc...?

Where do you think I should go from there? UD Pully, Thermolater, Manifold ported and coated? Where/what else?

This is my daily driver so I do need it to be as reliable as possible and if something helps with the MPG that is great as well!

THANKS GUYS for the help!

HOOK 'EM HORNS

#7 ·
ur wife will love it

#8 · (Edited)
you can get a 83mm - 85mm CNC'd TB
no matter what exhause you get, headers will enhance the sound at WOT. With headers you might have a problem passing emission test as well.

but she will get used to it, just little her drive it sometimes and she might like the sound of your beast :D

#11 ·
Not to concerned at WOT as when she is in the car I take it easy anyway. How is the TB going to effect this? Emissions is no big deal I have been going to the same guy for 20 years by my house, he will find a way to pass just about anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.