Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

turning up boost and going to the track next month

13K views 139 replies 24 participants last post by  TTJames 
#1 ·
Well I decided to get my fuel hat from Skip so that I can turn up the boost and go she what she can do at the track next month.

I need some pointers as to should I run in 2 wheel drive or all wheel drive please? I will run on two tunes, 850 pump gas and 1000 race gas.

I have a wavetrac rear fyi, paramount tranny, etc. Should I launch at idle first and then go up to 2k next? Do I autostick it or leave in D?

anyone know where to get some race rims from? Anyone making them?

Guys with track experience please chime in!

Jim

#69 ·
#74 ·
Oh my god! Your jeep sounds insane on my stereo. Lol!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#75 ·
I think I saw what you guys were saying with the poor video quality. When you check it from a phone, yes the video sucks because there is editing in it but if you open it from a computer the video is fine. From my phone it did look like crapola but on my pc its nice and clear.

**Going to get race gas tomorrow to try and hit the dyno this Friday :).

#77 ·
anyone have a better idea of why she hits the rev limiter when I nail it from 40 or 50? Is it because I do not have a Mopar TCM?
Sounds like you need an aftermarket TCM with a lower RPM Shift point setting.

#79 ·
okay, getting ready to pick up the Jeep from the dyno. Looks like I will need to do a cam swap to get over 1,000 awhp.

She did good though, low boost on pump is 750 and 850 (two settings, 850 on controller) and high boost on race gas is 960 HP and 1001 tq. Still need to confirm the numbers with dyno sheets so will post up more accurate numbers later. Still, I am pleased with the results. She drives great and can get it too!!

#93 · (Edited)
okay, getting ready to pick up the Jeep from the dyno. Looks like I will need to do a cam swap to get over 1,000 awhp.
She did good though, low boost on pump is 750 and 850 (two settings, 850 on controller) and high boost on race gas is 960 HP and 1001 tq. Still need to confirm the numbers with dyno sheets so will post up more accurate numbers later. Still, I am pleased with the results. She drives great and can get it too!!
call Cammotion in Baton Rouge.

#80 · (Edited)
Great numbers , I personally wouldn't touch a thing till you see track numbers as every dyno reads different and tuners also are a big factor also , Just my .2 .....

#84 ·
That's badass, bro! Your Jeep is my screensaver on my phone and my pc.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#89 ·
pump 750 was 12 lbs, pump 850 was 16 lbs and race gas was 964/1031 at 21 lbs. I told him to play it safe so Im sure the timing was conservative. Maybe thats why the torque numbers are so high. I only have a blower cam too from a previous supercharger that the prior owner had on it so changing that may release some more HP. She is a beast though the way she is now. :)

My high boost was backed down to 19-20 lbs though. We did not want to push it at 21 lbs either.

#91 ·
Congrats on the awesome numbers bud!

#92 ·
thanks guys and yes we are actually going to the track in the next month. I am in Louisiana so we can run during the winter down here as its 65 degrees right now, lol.

here is a vid and I did not shoot it so sorry that you cannot make out the monitor but this is the 964/1031 run. Man I LOVE the smell of race gas!! I drove home with dumps open and windows down and smelled heaven, lol.

http://youtu.be/Oumc0O4CjlA

#97 ·
got the new tcm in today from Chris and WOW it feels like night and day. Shifts are firmer and sharper, no more hitting the rev limiter and no more holding back of power under high boost!! Installing the new air fuel gauge today and then hitting the track soon. Will post vids and times after!

Thank you Chris Hull with Twin Turbo Creations!! Great person to do business with!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.