Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

rear window chrome strip!!!

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  PITTZ 
#1 ·
So im in the process of having all the chrome on my 07' painted...

then i came across the rear window.. I had previously posted a thread regarding this & also used the search function but didnt find anything in specific.... I would like some more info on how to remove it? By my understanding it can be removed? Any pics, videos, how to threads or anything would help... I also uploaded a picture to clarify what exactly im talking about

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!! thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
As i was told by my installer guy, the rear does not come off. only the front two will.

#3 ·
yup, it is apart of the 1/4 glass and is urethane set it. u need to have a glass company cut it out. prob better to mask it all off and cover your car for the overspray instead of cutting out the 1/4 glass..

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#6 ·
Nobody is responding because nobody does it. Everyone does the rear strip with the window in place. I bent one of the removable trim pieces on the door. It was frustrating but I was replacing them with Laredo black trims. Mask it off, paint it yourself. Paper the whole side of the car if you need too.

#7 ·
I actually have a brand new Squigg vinyl kit in my parts closet but I haven't used it yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.