Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

What COLOR to powdercoat wheels!?Need advice ASAP!!!

8K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  SrtJake 
#1 ·
Ok fellas,I decided I'm gonna drop off the set of '07 wheels I have for powdercoat Monday.What color to go with??I don't really wanna go with the flow here,as I didn't in the past with the metalliac silver I did.I was gonna go black,but with the majority of Jeep's with powderocoated wheels being black and not knowing what color black to go with,I was lead to silver.I'm open to all suggestions here,and not sure where to go with this.I'm thinking like a gunmetal color but I don't know.Maybe something crazy?!

#6 ·
I have Gun Metal Grey wheels on mine but don't think it looks that good on a Black Jeep. Check out the pics below. Although I do think that the Charcoal Grey would look sick on a Jeep. Look at DCSpecials wheels his are Charcoal grey!!

#8 ·
Semi gloss black on black Jeep FTW

#10 ·
Whew, that will be nuts.

#13 ·
Hey fellas,I never did do anything with this set of wheels.I will be going on vacation next week and am gonna drop them off for PC.Any new thoughts?I wanted to do black chrome,but my guy convinced me outta it last time and I went with the silver.

He said it's gonna lay funny on the spokes and basically have 2 different textures.Maybe I will just try someone else.New Color ideas?I would try for maybe red,but since the calipers are red,I wouldn't wanna do it unless it was a perfect match and that will not happen.I may consider gloss black with a bright red inner wheel.Hmm..we will see.

#14 ·
Gloss black / Mirror black FTW

#17 ·
Why thanks Johnny.He told me with on the edges of the spokes and the hard edges it would bunch up there and lay nice and flat on the rest of it.I am talking powdercoat,wish i had the cash to do the process you did Johnny but for now powdercoat will work.

#19 ·
Here Mang ....

Mirror Black

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.