Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Lowered jeep

38K views 64 replies 30 participants last post by  KINGMONKEY 
#1 ·
I lowered it 2" in the rear.I need to align the rear camber

See less See more
#38 ·
Looks great KM, like the last pic a lot. Now get that thing to TTC!

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#39 ·
Man when you said the front is higher than the back I couldn't sleep.It was important hearing that from you.I ran down there and said make it perfect.Thank god the camber
corrected or it would have been alot of unknown territory never seen before.Any springs will require some serious engineering because the adjustment is very very limited.

Jeff

#40 ·
At the time it sounded like you were only gonna do the rear. So that's why I said that. I was unaware that you'd have the front done a couple days later. Great work though. Looks awesome. I'm holding on lowering until kits come to market. Supposedly Mopar may even release a kit.

I know your on the other site, don't know if you followed the SRT engineer chat. I asked about lowering springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose9400
how will putting drop springs in the WK2 SRT effect the active suspension? Can drop springs be installed without any other suspension modifications?

SRT Engineers:
If the spring rates are similar to the stock springs, there will be no adverse effect on the active suspension functionality.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#41 · (Edited)
I had to take a full ring in the rear or it wouldn't have sat correctly.The shop doesn't know the true drop until they set the car back down.It over shot the front by 3/4" .The WK2 has 8"s of travel which is enough to go offroading, WK1 had 6"s of stock travel with still 5.5" left in the rear it's more than needed plus there is unbinded coil in the stock WK2 springs unlike the binded WK1.Anyone can chop springs.These guys carefully crafted them back to fit in the cups.The active controls work perfect.I now know the problem with coming out with aftermarket springs,It's not the spring but the camber.The camber will not adjust because the arms are fixed and anything lower than 1.5" and I don't think they can do the stated 2"s.It will require adjustable hard pan bars.I was dealing with 2.5 .Thank god the shop that lowered it made them.My problem is I couldn't wait for a spring kit anymore while looking at this stunning new jeep with it's ass up in the air.I had to pull the trigger I spent more that 3 sets of springs doing it and I'm very pleased with how it turned out

#43 ·
I agree! I'm a long hater of the looks of the WK2, but with some money, they start to get my attention. Its just sad that it takes a shit ton of cash and visual mods to look aggressive. This one looks baller though!

#45 ·
My favorite SRT8 TO DATE! Cant wait to see that thing with some added torque..will just be insane.. this is probably the only wk2 i would want to personally own....and and Kingmonkey ill take the 458 too hahaha

#48 ·
Its cool. When Bwoody or eibach come out with springs, you can chuck em in the can :D

#51 ·
Yes, KM has a custom exhaust setup. He can explain the details...

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#58 ·
ok, i just wanted to point out that either someone parked a damn Ferrari in your driveway or the owner of that house and cars is gonna be pissed at you for sneaking in to take pix in their driveway........Kudos man........ive never liked the murdered look but your jeep is an opinion changer...sick ride man

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.