Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

New guy here from the DFW area

Tags
srt8
7K views 38 replies 12 participants last post by  Team TNS 
#1 ·
Anyone in the Dallas or Fort Worth area?

#4 ·
Glad you made it. I have a sliver 2012 and theres 2 more 2012 in our group with 1 black and 1 more sliver. We have a little group here in so ca with mixed WK1 & WK2 that we T&T with. If you can get to the track and post up some numbers.

#5 ·
#7 ·
#9 ·
Thursday I'll be preparing for a trip to
Michigan for the holidays.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#17 ·
I bought my exhaust from Maryland Speed -- they are a vendor here on the forum.

http://marylandspeed.com/

Plus they black ceramic coated the Borla for me and it looks great I seriously couldn't be happier. They actually have a package deal with Borla & Trinity you can buy right now for under $1,000. Check it out it's a great deal

#18 · (Edited)
Welcome John... I live in Plano - you may spot me driving around 121/Spring Creek Parkway and the North Tollway/Preston area sometime if you're up here. I pretty much only drive on the weekends since I travel out of state for work a lot.

I'll probably take the rig down to the Cars and Coffee at Plano Classic BMW next weekend, (Jan 4th). If any of you guys go, keep an eye out for the blue '09 with the custom viper-style hood. :cool:

#21 ·
I'm in the DFW area as well attending school at Dallas Baptist University. I live on campus here. I've been wanting to go to a meet since I picked up my car about 2 months ago.
I have a 09 Silver SRT8. I stick around Arlington area most of the time. 20 and 30 are the main highways I drive.

#25 · (Edited)
Here ya go:

http://dallas.carsandcoffee.info/

I actually didn't park in the lot last weekend, got there around 9:45 and ended up parking next door.

I plan on being there early-ish, around 8:30am for the next one... as you can imagine, the owners of similar cars park together and I think the Mopar stuff is usually towards the SW corner of the lot.

I'll park my Jeep somewhere amongst the Chargers and Challengers, hope to see some of you guys there! Maybe we can get a row of Jeep SRTs going.

#31 ·
Woah dude that is pretty early! I wish I wasn't ~45 minutes away its just that much earlier I have to wake up...and some Saturday mornings it is VERY hard to wake up:cheers:

#35 · (Edited)
Hey Steve. I met you out there Saturday morning. Happy to see you made it in. I have the 2010 Blue Hennessey 650. By the way how do you like True Street as far as their tuning goes? I was referred there and more than likely will be taking it in if I don't get Hennessey to do it while I am down at TX2K14 in a week or so.

Thom

#36 · (Edited)
Hey Steve. I met you out there Saturday morning. Happy to see you made it in. I have the 2010 Blue Hennessey 650. By the way how do you like True Street as far as their tuning goes? I was referred there and more than likely will be taking it in if I don't get Hennessey to do it while I am down at TX2K14 in a week or so.
Thom
Hi Thom, Nice to see you too, that's a nice Hennessey you have there, I like the color... ;). I do recommend True Street, they deal mainly in Mustangs and Corvettes, but they did a great job on my dyno tune. I called around and went to quite a few shops, no one else seems to want/be able to tune hemis. Sean is their tune guy, and he's been around a while and knows guys from HHP and other shops, and he knows how to tune on Diablosport.

If you decide to go there, ask for Tim and tell him Steve with the Jeep SRT sent ya.

We'll have to meet up again for lunch or something, I live near Spring Creek and Coit. Would like to get a few of the guys together for a meet. Not sure I'll be trying to get into Cars and Coffee much in the future, since it starts so early.

#38 · (Edited)
Good to see you out there again Thom... boy was Cars and Coffee packed today. It looks like you have to get there at 05 dark 30 to stand a chance at getting a spot now. That's a bit early for me on a Saturday, but I'll try and meet you there again next month.

Of course, next one is on the 4th of July weekend, so it will probably be even more manic than today.

Steve

#39 ·
Hey I just spotted this thread. I'm in Dallas in the Preston Hollow area. White 2014 with black chrome spiders. Bought it in February. Subscribed now so maybe I'll see you guys at Cars & Coffee.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.