Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

STOLEN PROPERTY ALERT!!! Vortech S/C System stolen...

3K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  rumplemenz 
#1 ·
To all CherokeeSRT8 enthusiasts, please take note of the following.

On July 9th, 2009 a Jeep SRT8 System was stolen from a UPS facility in Newbury Park, CA. The system was ordered using a stolen 82 year old grandmother's credit card, and then picked up from the UPS depot using the same 82 year old woman's ID. The serial number on the Vortech Supercharger is 51418, and it is a non-polished unit. If anyone has any information on the sale or whereabouts of this system, please contact me directly, or contact the Oxnard, CA police department.

Thank You

#3 ·
I suspect this has been checked but there's a listing on eBay for a Vortech at the same location as the UPS site:

*NEW Vortech Dodge Chrysler SRT-8 Hemi supercharger kit
Fits 2006-2009 6.1L Challenger, Charger, 300C, Magnum
Clicky thingy

#8 ·
Thank you so much for taking the time to search. Yes, the link you sent that is currently on ebay is OK...it is for a HEMI car, and not an SRT8 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The part numbers are very similar, but not the same, and after contacting the seller we were able to verify the serial number for the unit he is selling is different.

Again, thanks much for the effort in trying to help out. I knew we could count on you guys!

#6 ·
Sorry to hear about this.....damn thieves. :mad:

I hope they get what is coming to them.

#9 ·
There's was a kit on ebay about 2 months ago brand new satin kit.. I emailed the guy 3hrs after it was listed offering him $1800 shipped to my surprise he accepted my offer, but I backed out because it seemed to good to be true!! Let me see if I still have the email or at least a ebay user name..

#12 ·
I hate to say this, but you are way too late on this one.

Months have gone by. If this guy wanted it for his own Jeep, its installed and hopefully on its way to grenading his transmission (hoepfully)

If he did sell it, some guy probably got a good deal on it and its on his Jeep right now. If he was to check the serial number and verify it is the stolen one, would he report it so it can be confiscated or even be investigated himself?

If I had the Vortech with the matching numbers that I bought from someone I would keep my mouth shut. The law doesnt always work out and you can even be charged with receiving stolen property and/or lose your money AND the supercharger.

If I were you Brian, I would write it off as a tax deduction on next years tax return. Sorry to hear that though :(

#13 ·
^^ not completely true -- some thieves are smart enough to know that the reason why the stuff is "hot" is because the cops are looking for it. If they can sit on the merchandise and let it cool. they will.

And like you said, hopefully they installed it and smoked their tranny :)

#15 ·
well who took her ID and Credit Card? does she have them now? i bet her grandson has a SRT8 Jeep... or one of his friends

#16 ·
tryin to think how you could use an 82 year old ladies drivers license and get away with it...

i think medic is right.. i thought the same exact thing when i read that... 1800 and he excepted it right away sounds real real shady to me as well

god i despise thieves...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.