Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Transfer Case Fluid

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Startech 
#1 ·
I changed mine last night... and to my surprise with 15,000miles it didnt look bad at all... not much darker then what i put in honestly... and smelled a little stronger... so what do you guys think about trying 20,000 next time? (or should i try 15,000 one more time)?

I guess when you are on the interstate for 10-12k (out of 15k) there isnt much for the TC to do... (other then slip for possible front and rear speed differences)...

#3 ·
i have to do mine still didnt do it i have 12000 miles

#4 ·
Vinny... depending on how hard you drive and such (i guess mine is an 08 with more miles) i wouldnt worry about it till at least 15,000... im telling you man mine didnt seem bad AT ALL... i am pissed i spent 112$ on fluid... but once it is in the pan there is no way i am putting it back in...

#8 ·
Give you an idea, the fluid from Jeep at wholesale is $39 a quart:eek:. It takes two quarts and some patience. They said it took 2.5 but I captured the old fluid in a 1 gallon jug and measured it. 1.8 came out and just less than 2 went back in.

#6 ·
i did it myself... the hardest part for me is trying to get the truck level (my garage is sloped)... to measure it correctly...

#9 ·
Did mine the other day at about 14000 and the fluid looked like new. Guess I'm not beating on it enough?:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.