Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Subwoofer Setups

25K views 63 replies 27 participants last post by  delosh 
#1 ·
I would like to see pictures of subwoofer setups in our cars. I have decided to upgrade my system and I just want to see how people are mounting their subs and amps in the trunk. I'm probably going with a JL Audio HO112R-W7AE ported subwoofer system.

#2 · (Edited)
Here's my setup. Shown here is RF shallow 12's that were horrible. I've since changed the openings to 10's with some MB Quart shallow mounts. Much better in the given space. Amp is JL 500/1. Amp area is covered in suede and under the plexiglas lights up with red LEDs.

I have custom cast aluminum grills on them now – powder coated to match the wheels. I don't have any photos of those handy.

#3 ·
Damn that's nice!^

Reactions: delosh
#11 ·
Mine? Not at all. Most of the time I have my Jeep cargo carpet (I trimmed all the rubber nubs off the back –*that's what she said) over all of this. The grills (not shown in the pic) are cast aluminum and very strong. The amp plexiglass has a matching carpeted cover plate that protects the plastic and suede.

I'm gonna shoot some new pics this weekend.

I use the hell out of the cargo space.

#7 ·
Here are mine. 2 kicker slim 12"s. This is actually a late model Camaro box that we modified to fit. Painted the carpet to match the interior, and inlaid an SRT badge.

#13 ·
How much did that cost you if you don't mind?^^^

#15 ·
Good for you! Was it hard how did you do the amp like that?

#17 ·
Nice man mad props! Gave me a good idea don't worry I'll be original though

#22 ·
Here is my set up. 10" Alpine Type X sub and PDX-1000 amp... Custom SRT8 fiberglass box that fits perfectly in the cargo tray area. It has just the right amount of "Thump" for me!

Attachments

#24 ·
nothing crazy custom like you guys but she BANGSSSS

1 10" W7 and JL 500/1... most people think I have 2 12s

#25 ·
I thought I was the only one who kept the headrest's down!

#26 ·
LOL I can't stand when they are up for some off reason

#27 ·
It's easier to back up with them down and I can see better out of my rear view mirror when it's daytime, night time sucks because of the tint.

#28 ·
i couldnt see out if i tried...

#30 · (Edited)

2 12" Diamond Audio D3's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.