Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Insult to injury

3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  bushmaster3000 
#1 ·
Well finally get my truck back up and running after 4 months of fing around. Send my first logs to Johan and it's looking like I now have an exhaust leak on the drivers side. After all the garbage Dale Adams put me through it's looking like he used the kooks gasket despite me telling him on numerous occasions to use frigging OEM!. Back to the shop it goes... :lol: I can't win with this thing.

#6 ·
Pretty sure it is written somewhere I am not allowed to have my truck back for more thatn 24hrs before it has to go back to the shop.. I am very seriously considering lawyers at this point. They charged me for a tune they didn't do and did dyno runs on a vehicle with an aftermarket cam and no tune (bet that was really good for it) and now this.. Oh and I paid 3700 for the install.. Yah quality place that is...

#4 ·
That sucks!!! That monkey on your back is starting to look like a gorilla. Good luck. It has to end after this.

#5 ·
Its sad that some people just do as they feel like despite what you tell them :(

#9 ·
On my lotus I burnt out an o2 sensor because of an exhaust manifold leak. computer kept thinking it was running lean and added more fuel. Jeep might not be as picky though

#16 ·
Certainly can be worse. I blew my engine last spring. There is light at the end of the tunnel, block is at the machine shop and a 392 will be going back in.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: Tim H Calgary
#18 ·
havent driven let alone seen mine since september lol

#22 ·
These kind of stories are almost never talked about in a forum like this because nobody wants to look stupid or piss off the people who are their only hope of getting their vehicle back, but they are VERY common. In my experience, major problems, delays, and extra costs are absolutely the norm when doing major mods.

The readership here should be well cautioned. If you think any of this is plug-and-play, you will be in for a very rude awakening and a very sore rear-end.

#23 ·
Hey Houston, when/where is the next time you are going to the track? We need to meet up. You are totally right on rigs having problems, I have definitely spent a better part of 3 weeks trying to determine wtf was going on with my truck. Was kind of on a wild goose chase for a while replacing a bunch of sensors, and pulling this and that off. I became NASCAR efficient at changing plugs and coils lol. Finally ended up being just tuning on both my tranny shifting funny and my engine cutting cylinders at WOT. I had just spent about 6 grand on new tranny/stall/LSD/Fuel System and couldn't do shit with my jeep. Was literally sick to my stomach for weeks while I was logging everything I could trying to find out what the problem was.

How do you know you have a exhaust leak? Can you hear it or see it in the logs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.