Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

BullyDog Triple Dog vs DiabloSport InTune

11K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  roadboy 
#1 ·
I'm just in the process of looking to purchase a handheld tuner, and I've had a not great experience with the Trinity on my MSRT8, so I'm looking at other brands. I've been steered towards the BullyDog, but the InTune also seems to be a good piece. In fact I had made up my mind towards the InTune from a fellow Forum member, but I think stepping back for a day or two is wise based on another member suggesting the BullyDog.

Can you say confusion?

I would appreciate any feedback that can be offered.

#2 ·
I prefer the Trinity, so I'm just curious what issues you had with it?

#3 ·
For whatever reason, I couldn't get it to talk to the Magnum, and try as I might, along with another Magnum-Trinity owner, couldn't. So after ensuring that it would work on a non-SRT8 LX sold it, with full disclosure of course, and the buyer had it up and running perfectly within about 2 minutes!

That, and the issues that Diablosport has had with various iterations of their tuner connectors, specifically with my Predator, has kind of left me a little sensitive to their product.

#4 ·
I would take a Trinity over the InTune any day of the week!! As for the Bully Dog. Man, that's not even an option in the MOPAR world. There is ZERO custom tuning available with it. Sorry you had your issues but you are a very rare breed.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#6 ·
I would take a Trinity over the InTune any day of the week!! As for the Bully Dog. Man, that's not even an option in the MOPAR world. There is ZERO custom tuning available with it. Sorry you had your issues but you are a very rare breed.

Rare breed, huh?? Is that a polite way of saying that I'm special? It must be-I've been called special my whole 63 years!

Seriously though, it was indeed interesting that I had the issues I did, but I long ago gave up trying to figure out some of the weird ways of electronics.

So, the B-D can't carry a tune(pun intended)? That could have a significant bearing on my decision as I am considering going to a ProCharger system and tuneability would be a must.

Other than that, is this the only detriment to the BullyDog?

#25 · (Edited)
The inTune is a POS little device (I have one) but it gets the job done. I find Diablos support top notch so I re***mend the trinity. Have not heard any issues in the Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.*** App
GETS THE JOB DONE. Its pretty inexpensive, and I have never had an issue with mine. Some people are sort of "needy" and cant figure out how to use it or are too lazy to read. As you said, support is excellent. As for the Trinity, I looked at it and decided to go for the InTune. I didnt need a tuner suctioned on to my windshield...lol a bit cheesy. The InTune does data logging and playback during custom tuning etc. and it is perfect for doing what is necessary and the price is right. Its compact and when you are done with it, disconnect and put it in the glove box...till you need it again.

#8 ·
I'd get a Trinity hands down. What issues with the Predator connections? It was getting dated but it was a solid device. I know some of the early Magnums had some issues with the Predator but those have long been solved.
The inTune has the potential to be a great device, it's just going through some growing pains at the moment, have to remember that it's completely different file structure and interface from previous products.
The Trinity is probably the best device Diablo has out there right now. What was happening that it didn't work with your Maggie? Did you have all the updates and correct vehicle selected?
If you're getting a Procharger, definitely get the Trinity, very few issues with them on the Jeep, in fact the only issue I recall is some instances where it doesn't "sleep" but that's fixed with changing the sleep delay and on th e '07's there were some weird key issues if you left it plugged in.

#10 · (Edited)
i've heard intune is very hard to work with and you need the trinity anyway to get custom tunes... so you might as well get an updated trinity, im sure it will work, probly should have asked about before selling it, could of helped you out here with all the support

trinity actually works on the jeep 05+ 3.8/4.0/5.7/6.1/6.4L

#11 ·
You can get a custom tune on an intune, the file format is different, tuner needs to know as well. Predator/Trinity file will not play nice on an intune.

#16 ·
The Trinity or the Magnum may have needed an update. Although, I have read about of Magnum owners having issues as well. Maybe it's just a Magnum thing. I would imagine the PCM's to be the same as all the other LX's though. 2007 is a funny year in general. My 07 Jeep with a Trinity gets funky with the TPMS sensors and Key Fob depending on where it's mounted in the Jeep. Who knows man..... with a 2010 Jeep and a Trinity, you should have 0 issues. Just hope that you don't get a Trinity from Diablo that has a bad chip in it. I have two here at the shop with bad chips in them. You get the dreaded INTERNAL UPDATE crap and it never works. So just be prepared. Diablo will take care of it don't worry but I got to brand new ones out of the box that were DOA. Mine and a customers. Sucks but oh well.

#19 ·
DiabloSport is a better choice over Bully Dog for sure. You can't go wrong with either DS handheld, so whichever you choose you will be happy. Just make it a DS one. :)

#20 ·
when i bough t my predator for my jeep i had the same connection problems, i just called diablosport and they helped me"took over my computer" and made it work and so far no problems with connection..now if i could just get that johan tune... ;-)

#24 ·
Definitely a Trinity connected to a Innovative Lc-1
A must if your going to mod IMO
I takes a while to get used to but once you get it ,its the next best thing to sliced bread
And for the record I not that tech savy.
My .02

#26 ·
Needy, LOL. Loading a tune or data logging ain't exactly rocket science. I guess all the bugs on the initial release and the need to RMA a unit out of the box 5 minutes soured me. Plus it does feel like a POS when you're using it. $389 is better spent toward a Trinity. You're almost there anyway price wise.

#29 ·
I guess this is getting kind of silly with the pissing match and all. I'll just say that if you hold the inTune in your hand, think it has a nice screen with good resolution, acceptable response time, you're confident that it won't break if you were to drop it from a height greater than 18 inches AND its worth the cost if an iPhone 4s then DAMN you're impressed pretty easily!

#30 · (Edited)
LOL. Yes it does feel light and cheap. And the touchscreen is like 15 year old technology. And its not very responsive. Diablosport could have made it a much nicer, higher quality product for sure. They should not be proud of the look and feel of the Intune. But, functionally it gets the job done, and it simply does not annoy me that much. It is really whats on the "inside" that truly matters in this case. It is reliable(at least mine is). And not like I am using it everyday, multiple times a day like my IPhone.

#31 ·
As i told you on Sunday i would steer away from the Intune things are glitchy and i had to send the freaking thing away because it bricked it self. Huge pain, Trinity all the way

#32 · (Edited)
I has issues with my intune as well, Skip took care of me and it works well now. A lot quicker than the predator but if I had to do it again, I would get the trinity and I will when I eventually go FI.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.