Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

440 HEMI Crate Engine by Arrington Engines

7K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  srt8suv 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Thats not a bad price.

#5 ·
Mine is stout and keeps getting better. Initial oil consumption on break in has reduced. Power is steady and after almost 2k miles it feels very strong. Thinking about a track visit tonight to see if I can better 12.1. The short block prices should be below 8 and above 7 or so, depending on your source. The 426 v. 440 question. 440 sounds bigger, (a little more hosepower, eh?) - how much of that difference is mechanical stroke and piston versus delta in wall thickness, and do you have a sensitivity or is there a reason to think that distortion is more likely to occur because of slightly decreased wall thickness. It is probably little if any difference. For displacement, bigger is better, no? Either way, sounds like you're about to have some real fun. Good luck.

#9 ·
Andy, does PPP stroker come with heads and cam already (this is might be a stupid Q.). Reason i am asking is that i am getting Wet-Flow heads and either PPP, HHP, SSP cam and if PPP stroker set up comes with heads and cam installed already, could these be swaped with the head/cam i am getting?

What do you think of the Wet-flow heads BTW?

thanx

#17 ·
this is would consider depending on how it goes for everyone else, proably need time to figure out best set-up to run but i dont see why more displacement could hurt performance ultimately, should allow for more potential than the 426s in time, all in time like anything, the mopar platform is coming along way, soon these motors will be way more mod-friendly compared to the ls series over at chevy, we will soon have many srts in the 9s id bet, cant wait to find out ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.