Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Got me a new PB at Atco

4K views 28 replies 23 participants last post by  DarknightSRT8 
#1 ·
As most of you know I got me a new PB this weekend. Went 9.68@155.10. As expected my 60' times were weak. The best being a 1.75 and worst 1.80. We didn't have the chance to put my Nitrous on the Jeep unfortunately. We are running a pretty tight converter in the Jeep too. It wouldn't allow me to two step it more than 2600RPMs. The good news is that it looks like we've finally found the right combo to get my converter to lock. I have finally seen my RPMs drop to 5200 and 5500 after the shift in I don't know how long. That's why I was able to put my power down and trap like a mofo.

Considering we haven't touched the tune or boost controller since the 1129rwhp pull at 20psi, we are pretty confident that with the nitrous, we should see 8's next time out. We will start with a 75 shot and maybe move up to a 125 or 150 shot. I can't wait. Gonna be a fun ride!!

#2 ·
Your Jeep is a MONSTER Harrison. I found myself finishing my race seeing you were in the staging lanes and running back to the stands to catch you run! Congrats on the new PB's and as you mentioned this Jeep definitely has 8's in the near future!

#6 ·
Congrats HB!!!!! You definitely have a Monster on your hands there!

#7 · (Edited)
I'm stoked for you bud! Looking forward to the 8's which I think you should easily achieve! Let me know when you're headed back out and I may try to go too! I know you don't like Orlando much, but I'm probably headed to Orlando for funday Sunday next week in an effort to get the 10.20-.30 I left in NJ due to serious traction issues! Let's go!

#8 ·
Thanks everyone for the words. I appreciate it.

Eric, I was thinking about maybe renting SGMP for a day. Who knows though, coming down to O-Town one last time before it closes could be fun. I'll call you in a few.....

#9 ·
Sounds good dude! I'd be interested in sgmp too so let know, but I'm definitely wanting to hit Orlando one last time as well! Hell we could even make it a Disney/race weekend! Lol!

#11 ·
Great trap speed and a lot of potential in your new motor....I know you will improve on your 60ft time, so that's a given. Congrats Again!

#13 ·
Congrats bro!
I saw that 155mph run and the sound from your jeep going down the track was unreal.
It was nice seeing ya again!

#14 ·
Thanks guys..... I wish I could have heard it ripping down the track. :( I'm DYING to see a video of it!! Can't believe no one got a video mid track this race. Even my boy Dwight didn't take a single video. So disappointed in him.:lol: Although, we hadn't slept in 48 hours really.

#15 ·
You know what i think! 155MPH cough cough 8's :)

#18 ·
Thanks Paulo, Pete, and Al. I've called a few people today and a few have called me. It seems like 8's are in my future. Someone suggested with a 125 shot I could be in the 8.8-8.9 @ 160+ range.:eek: That would be craaaazy, but fun!

#22 ·
Do we get to see this amazing 155 video? Obviously massive wheel spin
on your 60'. Curious how your gonna improve that? On our big HP motors
in the past nothing under 125 would do didlysquat.
Congrats Mr. 155

#23 ·
There was no wheelspin at all. It was a bog. We didn't have the N20 to help with the spool up of the 94mm turbo. That will be cured for the next time out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.