Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Time to Shake N Bake: The Build

27K views 209 replies 38 participants last post by  Raymond Bunch 
#1 · (Edited)
Its been a long time coming and I decided to finally start a thread for my build. I have all parts and everything should be going in this coming weekend. I will be updating pics as things progress

The Build:
PWR 371 motor **Big thanks to Andy**
-Apache heads
-Supercharger cam
-ARP head studs
-Cometic head gaskets

Procharger tuner kit
-F1D supercharger
-Red Race valve
-ATI 17% OD

Fuel:
-Demon Performance/ Fore twin pump fuel system **Big thanks to Skip**
-Demon fuel rails
-Fore plug and play unit
-110# injectors

Exhaust:
-Borla
-American Racing headers(no cats)

Driveline:
Paramount Performance **Big thanks to Bill**
-Race tranny with valve body
-Torque converter
-ATI flexplate

Tuning:
-Trinity
-Innovate LC-1 Wideband
-All tuning being done by Josh @ HHP

Intake:
-90mm TB
-ported matched (By me)
-ported inside (By me)
-smoothed, painted, cleared (By me)

See less See more
#5 ·
Can't wait! So subscribed!

Reactions: ShakeNBake426
#9 ·
#19 ·
Thanks Jim. Yes I sanded and painted the block silver. It showed up with that kinda dull ugly orange. I figured while all of these parts are still out of the Jeep, why not freshen everything up with some fresh paint.

And the phoenix rises from the ashes. Last I remember, this build was stuck in limbo somewhere in central VA for what seemed like forever. Now all you need to do is change your forum name to 'ShakeNBake371'! :lol:

Congrats on the build. Killer setup. I think someone already asked, but is that an aluminum block, or is it just powdercoated silver? Who's doing the install?
lol, good call on the name change. Sadly it was stuck in VA for a while, but Im dealing with things on my own now and John is correct that the build is being done at my father's autobody/motor shop. No more dealing with shady vendors.

I am glad to see everything has finally come together Chris, very excited for you bud.

I think Chris and his family may be doing the install Brian. Chris's family has a shop in Maryland and I know they do a lot of restoration projects on vehicles.
Thanks John, congrats on the Shelby, that's quite a car.

Nice man, when will it be running?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
thanks man. I hope to have it running within the next month as long as no more snags come up with the project

#14 ·
And the phoenix rises from the ashes. Last I remember, this build was stuck in limbo somewhere in central VA for what seemed like forever. Now all you need to do is change your forum name to 'ShakeNBake371'! :lol:

Congrats on the build. Killer setup. I think someone already asked, but is that an aluminum block, or is it just powdercoated silver? Who's doing the install?

#15 ·
I am glad to see everything has finally come together Chris, very excited for you bud.

I think Chris and his family may be doing the install Brian. Chris's family has a shop in Maryland and I know they do a lot of restoration projects on vehicles.

#16 ·
Wow man congrats!

#23 ·
Thanks Andy, I will. I started a new job back in September and have been travelling a lot so the project got pushed to the side for a while.

#27 ·
Yes I did the manifold myself. I used various sized 80 grit sanders and dremel tools to get a majority of the rough stuff off the manifold. From there I just went up with the sandpaper grit to smooth out the remaining imperfections. After that used some metal etch primer(few thick coats). Once that dried I used 600 grit wet sandpaper to smoother the entire manifold without going thru the primer. It took quite a few hours to do all of this and was quite tedious but in the end it worked out.

#30 ·
Any idea what it will run 1/4?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.