Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Chucktowns new monster

30K views 298 replies 49 participants last post by  CHUCKTOWNSRT8 
#1 ·
Well I'm finally getting around to doing a write up of my path back to driving the Jeep. After the bad news about a month ago, I was searching for answers and dreading the cost that was about to follow a blown engine. Thankfully I have a lot of friends on here that gave me support and lent a helping hand. Keoni, being the stand up guy he is, made a phone call for me to Andy at PWR. Andy called me the next day with a deal that I couldn't refuse. We originally agreed to do a 392, but after a week or so, he called and asked if I maybe wanted a 419. I said why not! The decision to do heads was tossed in the air, but after much discussion with friends and my father, I decided to do a valve job w/ new seals, springs, and retainers, deck the heads and maybe just clean up the casting marks. I'm told there hasn't been a 76mm turbo 419 w/ stock heads, so we will see the real result. I don't really have a number in my head that I'm looking for on the dyno, even though 1000 hp would nice. I do however want to see a 9 second pass! This will involve a rear end upgrade, probably a Wavetrac for now from Skip, but we'll see if the money is right after this is all over. This has been a dream of mine to see it all together. I know Chris and I have had quite a few beers talking about what we would do when we ever got to this point, so I know I'm gonna feel like a kid in a candy store when it's all done. Oh, and Chris, I want you to come down so we can go searching for our little NSX friend! Hehehehe!

The list-
Jersey Boy tuned PWR 419 9.5:1
Stage 6 Single 76mm turbo kit
Stage 6 2-step
SHR Tranny w/ FTI Converter
Maybe a Wavetrac from Demon
Upgraded valvetrain from PWR

I just wanted to say thanks again to all the people who have got me here to this point: Harrison/Dwight at Stage 6 for the turbo kit- I would never be in this turbo game without you guys, Andy at PWR- for helping me out and getting me on the road, I don't think I can thank you enough, Joel (Jersey Boy)- the help you have given me has been amazing, and the things you do for this community are epic, Skip at Demon Performance- for a sweet deal on a Tranny (The car kind :D), and to all my good friends on here for the support. Thank you all, and hope to see you all soon at a Modern Hemi event near you!

See less See more
#195 ·
man that blows keep your head up. we are all praying the rest of your motor is intact

#199 ·
Silvio, you have a goat or two that I can borrow? Lol

#200 ·
Ha-ha, No - No goats.
But we do have a family of armadillos around here that's been digging up everyone's yards lately. You can have them for free.
And it could lead to a permanent solution for your growing lawn problem. :silly: :roller:

Hey - Maybe the Armenian Gardner can help you out. Is he even still around here?

#201 ·
I haven't seen him in a while!

#205 ·
The mans kitchen!

Attachments

#211 ·
Me, Chris (BlownWk), and the wives! Hooka it is!

#212 ·
Hoooooooka!

Attachments

#215 ·
No promises!

#217 ·
#218 ·
Broken cam dowel pin.

#220 · (Edited)
Hey Mike,
So how far did you guys get with the rebuild?
Think you'll still make it for the big reveal at VMP?

Forget it - I just read your post in the VMP thread - bummer. :(

#221 ·
Dropped the cam off today to get the old pin out, and the heads should be at Andy's guys tomorrow. Don't know how long they'll take, but I should have it 90% complete minus the heads before I have to leave. I think I'll know more as soon as they get the heads finished.

#225 ·
Hey Mike - How did you make out with this - Have you been able to get your monster back together yet?

#226 ·
I have all the parts, but need plugs. I just need to stop drinking beer this weekend and finish it up! Probably be done tomorrow. Start up on Tuesday hopefully!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: SemperP-SRT8
#233 ·

Attachments

#238 ·
Nah K! I was trying to, but I don't have a truck or trailer. Just too much for me right now with money and work. I'm pissed! I was really looking forward to hanging out. I guess Darlington will be the next event for me.

#246 ·
Got the heads and rockers all finished, but by the time I got the plugs, it was 6:30 when I got back and I was beat. Hopefully tonight we'll have ignition!

#249 ·
Had her finished last night, but I was getting killed by mosquito's and I had a small coolant leak at the water neck, and I was done f-ing with it. I think the water neck gasket is going out. I also didn't want to start it in the dark considering I have to look for oil and fuel leaks. Should start up in T minus 2 hours or so. Thanks for the good vibes!

#252 ·

Attachments

#256 ·
Now I just need to get comfortable with it after what happened. I'm a little bit of a baby with it now. But I took one pull, and OMG doesn't even explain it!

#258 ·
Congrats for the second time. You are going to be an expert at motor repair/changing.

Sent from a place

#260 ·
Awsome brother! Really happy for you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.