Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Damned Yanks!!!

4K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  loud8 
#1 ·
;)

Just got a call from my salesman yesterday. I was supposed to receive my truck for the 1st week of April. Seems that the powers-that-be have decided to expropriate my slated-for-Canada vehicle for the US market. If this truly is the case, I get the truck one month later OR have to wait for the 13's to come out.

Be advised that this is cause for an international conflict. I'm not saying I'll do so, but I do have the power to call out our Canadian troops for a possible military retailation.

Jez sayin'....

#3 ·
Sounds familiar...posted about this yesterday. I was told by my salesman that my ride should be in early May, as it turns out he still hasn't recieved a comfirmation of the official delivery date. WTF?? On the bright side it gives me a little more time to sell my M3.

#4 ·
Update;

After being pissed at my salesman, the delaership, Jeep and the American people in general :p for the last 10 months, I broke down & called my salesman to order a 2013. Which, it seems, is no longer available. WTF???

He then informs me that my original order was never cancelled but was left in the system. Because the dealership never got the inital delivery and the 2013's were almost exclusively allotted to the US market, they were 101% positive they were getting a 2014. Which is out in 3 months, or so they say. I was told to expect a 3-6 month delivery date.

So, I'm back AGAIN, pride in my hat, patiently waiting for my truck AGAIN.

I have no pride whatsoever... :eek:

#12 ·
C'est la vie, Josephine.....:boohoo:

#6 ·
If you look at what the 2014's come with, compared to the '12 & '13's, you will be happy you waited! Good thing you didn't call out the troops!

#9 ·
Yes, I could have a US model shipped here, we do it all the time. Ends up costing a tad more due to import/shipping costs, but it's our dealers attitude towards a US vehicle which has me more apprehensive.

The exact same car/truck here in Canada usually goes for a solid 10% more up here. With more'n more canucks buying down south, it's killing canadian dealerships.

So if you pull in for work under warranty with your US-purchased vehicle at the same time as 15 other vehicles bought in Canada, guess who gets taught a lesson ;)

To be honest, I'm not too optimistic. I will patiently wait for up to 6 months and see what happens. I will let you know either way, 'cause I know that you will all be biting fingernails worrying for me... :p

#14 ·
Yes, I could have a US model shipped here, we do it all the time. Ends up costing a tad more due to import/shipping costs, but it's our dealers attitude towards a US vehicle which has me more apprehensive.

The exact same car/truck here in Canada usually goes for a solid 10% more up here. With more'n more canucks buying down south, it's killing canadian dealerships.

So if you pull in for work under warranty with your US-purchased vehicle at the same time as 15 other vehicles bought in Canada, guess who gets taught a lesson ;)

To be honest, I'm not too optimistic. I will patiently wait for up to 6 months and see what happens. I will let you know either way, 'cause I know that you will all be biting fingernails worrying for me... :p
Perfect reason why Canadians have a bad name...

#19 ·
I thought Canada was the 51st state of the US? Hmmm.

I will say you have to watch out for the Cheeser's. They cross the border and come down to infiltrate Washington state, buy up all the inexpensive cheese only to take it all from the Americans and gorge on it all winter when they arrive home... Cant forget about the hosers too. Its a good thing that practice usually happens on their own soil. Bob and Doug MacKenzie obviously brought that little problem to view even though it is still is plaguing the inner cities and the countrysides of Canada. One of the biggest menacing masterminds from Canada actually wasnt born there, even though he was concieved in Canadian territory....and that my friends is Robert Goulet.
Dont let him fool you with his broadway/musician disquise. He is a cross triple agent with the US, Canada and Russia and was seen as the biggest threats to the social downfall of Canada only to be superseded by Goulet's research team that created the robot they call Justin the Beaver. Yes, my friends, just when "the good guys" Rush finally led Canada from the dark ages and instilled some common ground with the release of "Moving Pictures" in 1981, they have turned two fold in the opposite direction allowing Goulet and his team of mad researchers and scientists to create this robot atrosity they call Justin the Beaver.

Keep your eyes out for Goulet, he cannot be trusted and it is widely known that he disquises himself as will Ferrell who inturn actually plays Goulet himself.....bloody genius. His new album that he taunts so highly, "The coconut bangers ball" is quite simply an encripted source of info stolen from the west only to be supplied to the Rusky's. Please pass this on

#22 ·
Hilarious!!!! I'll betcha Hammerhead sleeps with a tinfoil hat as well ;)

Oh, and I'd gladly join the US as the next state. Matter of fact, I'll sell you my shares for $100 :D

#23 ·
Make no mistake Comrades, Canada is no sleeping Suzie. Canada is sitting on the worlds largest fresh water supply and will only offer any future barter with the precious holders of none other than Celine Dion concert T-shirts...... Yeah, crazy isn't it....I know. Canada is crazy like a fox! This is so sinistar that I dont dare give up any space in my home vault to remove the beloved shirts to add my vintage Winchester collection that is hidden under my bed. Speaking of accolades...for you guys still in denial on Canada and its unprecedented withhold of strategic patents...ever heard of instant Mashed Potatoes.. first made in Canada, Like your Peanut Butter?...yep, another Canada patent. The very one that none of us must ever forget.....yes, you guessed it Canada Dry Ginger Ale BRAVO mighty Maple!! Holy Cow, I just might give up one size small Celine shirt for a full case of the Canada Dry, but I cant say for sure at this very moment.

You guys really need to study up a little more on the great country just north of us...I might add, there are many a lady from that area that tend to be quite fetching and now and again they trickle down south here to us!

Oh, dang thinking of all of this just made me remember the time back in the early 70's when I hooked up with the Band April Wine and we took over a textile plant in Halifax to put on a demonstration protesting the use of cotton and to replace it with Hemp. Boy, those were the good ole days:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.