Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

switchbacks

4K views 24 replies 6 participants last post by  KMdef9 
#1 ·
I tried 2 install a set of switchbacks & resistors on my 2010 jgcsrt8 & all i got was the running lights in amber no turn signals..there were 4 wires a black a yellow & 2 blue in the back of the bulb socket so i hooked the resistors to the black & yellow pls any1 tell wat i did wrong!!!

#3 ·
You hooked a resistor to 2 wires? Should only be on the turn signal wire per indicator.

We're your bulbs in backwards? Turn them 180*.

#14 ·
I understand now, I grounded my resistors to the fender grounds, not back into the stock wiring. Shouldn't make a difference, I just didn't want to tap into anymore stock wires.

If you add the resistors in series, you will double the resistance, so 6 ohm + 6 ohm = 12 ohm. If you do it in parallel like Pittz said, you get 3 ohms. Make sure you know the difference and be careful how you wire them.

#6 ·
Run it inline on the power wire to the signal can't remember the color but yellow rings a bell

#8 ·
Just FYI my old set up was 3ohm, but when I did the 08-10 conversion for some reason I had to do 6ohm. Don't know why it just worked.

So maybe try 3ohm first and if that doesn't work then you know 6ohm will.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#19 ·
Ok guys so here's whats going on i added another 6 ohm resistor to each switchback dont know wheather it was in series or parellel or not but this was the result..I realize that the passenger side bulb socket had 2 black 2 blue & 1 yellow wire so i tapped both resistors into the yellow & 1 to each black wire & its working fine its white when the park light & headlight are on & flashes amber when the turn signal is activated..the drivers side on the other hand had 2 blue 1 yellow & 1 black instead of the 2 black that were on the other sid so again i tapped both resistors into the yellow & both into the 1 black wire that was there & the result is that it turns yellow first when i put on the park lights (the other side goes straight white) then turns white & then when i put the turn signal on it turns amber but doesnt flash. I know im being a little long winded does any1 hve any suggestions plz..

#20 ·
Pics would help.

#22 ·
Could be as simple as the bulb is backwards. Did you try inserting it 180 degress different?

Sorry, it's Sunday, my brain isn't firing on a cylinders. Little man gave me 3 hours of sleep last night.

#23 ·
ok i'll try & snap some pics later im not home right now. its kinda cramped up in there & the only reason i can get to the passenger side is bcuz i hve a cai but to get a pic of the drivers side i'll hve to take the battery out 'major pita' which i hve done like 5 times already..smh

#25 ·
Pull the grill, then the headlamps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.