Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

NY/NJ Spotted thread

123K views 925 replies 142 participants last post by  Funktup1 
#1 ·
Lets keep the NY/NJ spotted SRT's in this thread. :)

Yesterday (3/21/10):

1.) On fifth ave in the 30's or high 20's, a red rock SRT Jeep was caught behind some car that I believe was dropping people off. I honked the horn as I went by, you honked back. Anyone here?

2.) Over on Greenwich Avenue, a black 06-07 with Ontario plates was parked. I thought it was Squig. LOL Anyone?

#165 ·
Hmmm. Dealer said Borla, I have heard of Corsa and know they are popular on the SRT8. Possibily they were wrong. Whole this is branded MOPAR, and I have the stock exhaust in my garage, so I know they swapped it out. Are you sure that the dealer only sells Corsa under the Mopar name? Either way it kicks a$$. I have seen another SRT8 in Verona, NJ (if you are on here, I had my Porsche Cayenne Turbo Sport and we chatted briefly) with a Borla system (Borla tips), i assumed they were the same but with MOPAR tips.

#167 ·
Hey smankin we are practically neighbors, I work in West Caldwell. I've seen a couple of black SRT8s around there, next time I'll look for that plate and see if I spot you.
Hey come this Friday to Englishtown with a few of us, I'm going at 5 right after work.
Edit: Bring the Turbo S :).

BTW, Borla Touring also has 4" tips but like others said, that's the mopar/corsa system, is the only set up for our jeeps with the round resonators just like the one in your picture.

#170 ·
Oh hell yeah man, is always nice to see a GT-R at the track! I would love to see that thing run also but I wanted to see a little action between the SRT and the Turbo-S. I'm sure it would have been a closer race, the GT-R would just leave me on the dust, I've seen them run, they are sick.

We should look into a group meet in the area, I see that the folks in Queens are doing something like that, might be fun...
We should have a Houlihans meet in Weehawken (in front of the marina) sometime soon before it get's too cold. They have a nice park there too to take pics of the rides too with Manhattan as a background. I will start a new thread about that soon, hopefully we get a nice turnout that day.
I'm sure that day someone is going to post here... "spotted like 20 Jeep SRT's in Weehawken" LOL. Well maybe not that many :D.

#171 ·
Modern Blue on spotted around 530 tonight coming down South Orange Ave in Livingston

#175 ·
Blue one parked in WESTWOOD train station parking lot area yesterday afternoon

And another looked brand new STEEL BLUE one across from RONNIES BAGELS in HILLSDALE with temp tags today, i pulled up next to you and said yo nice truck

if your on here holler im from rivervale bro lets meet up and shred!

#177 ·
I think radarJAMMMER is actually a state trooper on the garden state spotting SRT's ;).

#180 ·
Spotted a Brilliant Black 09/10' on Rt.70 West in Manchester, NJ(?) last night parked at a banquet hall. Same truck as me

#181 ·
Black one going north on the GSP wayyyy down south like exit 60-50ish around 11 am

#183 ·
Today on the seaford oyster bay expressway first I saw a major d-bag in a black either 09 or 10. No front plate and decided to tailgate and try to push me out of the way. I take that speed trap everyday too and from work so I decided to move over and let the tool speed himself into a ticket. Dude, if you are on here, if you tail me like that again, I'll make sure you end up in my rear hatch and I will own both your rig and mine. Oh and as all this was going on mike (AWD SRT) plate.... Pulled onto the expressway. Came up next to him bs'ed quick and took off.

#186 ·
It was funny Kevin when he passed me cause I was in the middle lane just crusing around 55 mph and when he passed me he had to gun the rig like a jerk to make me realize that he was driving a SRT...Instead of the traditional beep to each other. I was nodding my head as he was flying down the 135. Can't understand why he was a jerk about it! Btw you rig sounded killer when you took off next to me!!

#188 ·
Spotted a black one on Rt 3 by the Meadowlands area.
I was driving the 4Runner I was going to get next to him to give him the thumbs up and before I had the chance he took off like he had stolen the thing lol. It had aftermarket tail lights, like Altezas or something. Had a big sticker on the opposite side of the SRT8 emblem but couldn't read what it was. It had NJ plates.
Mike, Kevin it sounds like the same type of driver we encounter here LOL. Sup with that...! ?
I'll recognize the Jeep if he goes to ATCO tomorrow.;)

#190 ·
Mario the guy was real ****y looking too! Maybe thats all the blk srt8 owners. LOL
As I was cruisin in my lane he slowed down in the left lane to get a good look at the medic hood and bolted like hell.

#192 ·
ok so who was in the red srt at the aid auto parking lot fixing their headlight on 112 in medford. I passed you then i was sitting at the light to turn onto woodside and seen you pull into the Nissan dealership. is it your srt or the dealership? either way it was nice.. mine was filthy! im washing it tomorrow! my poor srt has been neglected the passed 2 weeks!

#193 ·
Kevin what do you say we put something together soon?

#195 ·
Great kevin let us hook it up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.