Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

WATER PUMP replacement

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  CW25 
#1 ·
I have a SRT8 08 with 26K and i have to change the water pump (its leaking).
Im from PERU so i will need someone to help me with the code of the part and a web page to buy it.
Many thanks in advanced...

#2 ·
I doubt its the actual water pump leaking. Its most likely the neck on the water pump where the coolant hose slides over it. I noticed mine has started to leak with these cold temperatures recently. The gasket between the neck and where the thermostat sits is your problem.

#3 ·
Il already take it to the mechanic and he take it out... It was leaking from the middle of the pump, behind the pulley... he already fix it but it would not last so i have a couple of months to import a new one.
I f you hace the code part it would be great...
Leonardo

#4 ·
#7 ·
FYI I found this Tech Tip when I ran the part number.

"The 5.7L/6.1L water pump is designed with an integral coolant reservoir tolubricate the shaft seal. If diagnosing a 5.7L/6.1L water pump for a seal issue, only replace the pump if coolant weepage is found coming from the seal reservoir (the small freeze plug at the 6 o'clock position on the pump body). Hose connections are often mis-diagnosed as a weeping pump and do not require replacment of the pump"

$580 Damn it is only $150 Cnd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.