Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

toyo proxes II or nitto motivo

8K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  TBone5660 
#1 ·
between the price and the ride reviews its come down to these 2. from what everyone has been saying just about anything will be a step up from the factory runflats, so i guess im looking for which is really better in all weather conditions since its my dd. the ride on the GY's is terrible!! any help or advice would be very much appreciated! thanks

#2 ·
I love my toyos, night and day difference from the crapyears. They do OK in the winter. Once the blower is on, I will be doing a summer/winter set up though.

#5 ·
I think that food in S Korea got you mess up :D

#7 ·
Nittos all the way. If you look at them in a pic they don't look as good as the do in person. Trust me the way to go. Best all around

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#9 ·
Had the Motivos for a couple months now and they have handled great so far...not enough snow yet here in Chicago but the couple inches we've had, the tires have handled it with no problem...

#13 ·
Not as many people running the Nittos because they are newer design, but I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. If I had a choice, I would trade the Toyos on my Jeep for the Contis. They are probably the best in the snow out of the three mentioned here and I even believe HemiShopJim made a 9 second pass with the Conti's! That's pretty impressive in itself! They will be my next set for sure.

Reactions: 4255jeepsrt8
#14 ·
Iv had the nitro motivos on since early Dec. Iv been drifting in a snowy parking lot. Over a snowy wolf creek pass. My parents driveway was 5 inches of packed snow and off to the side was 7 inches. The motivos did great wish I had some video of me going through the 7 inches as it was pure awesomeness. I had the toyos on the front before these and the motivos are better. I have the 275/315 set up to.

Sent from my LT30at using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#15 · (Edited)
I did extensive research back in September comparing and contrasting, reading reviews, trying to find the best UHP all-season for the Jeep. At the time I had the Nitto 420s, but they weren't good in snow and a tad noisy...but overall I loved em. I was very intrigued by the Motivos, but they were so new at the time. Had to dig a bit for reviews, but was able to make the decision to get the Motiivos over the Contis and the Toyos. I believe the Contis are a good second choice esp if driving in snow is a consideration. I bought my Motivos in back in early fall and they have no weaknesses that I can find. Toyos were average at best in rain and snow, and the Conti DWS have a mushy sidewall as all their tires do, and I dont care for the lack of definition in steering response. In short, IMO the Motivos are the best UHP all-season tire for these Jeeps. Conti DWS and Toyos are also good tires, but in the $1k or less price range, you cannot beat the Motivos. Oh and cant forget to mention the 60k mile treadwear warranty.

#17 ·
Does the 275/315 setup throw off the speedo? Thanks!

#19 ·
3-4 mph fast or slow? Thanks!

#21 ·
I've been driving jps043's Jeep with the Toyos since I'm working on it.......they are not really good in the snow. Spin and slide a lot compared to my DWS.

I don't notice a mushy sidewall with the DWS either.....but I run 40 psi in the fronts cold and most seem to run tires on the Jeeps lower so that may be why.

#22 ·
Thanks man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.